March 2013 Moms
Options

No self control

I have no self control when it comes to food lately.  I can't lose these last damn 10lbs and it sucks!

Re: No self control

• Options
    I m right there with you. Booooo
    Jenny DiLo
  • Options
    I was doing so well for the last month. I've gained 7 alone this week though! I want fooood!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd feel bad for you except I still haven't lost my last 35 pounds...
  • Options
    20 pounds to go here and I had my finger in the tub of Cool Whip frosting today. I feel your pain.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options
    I signed up for weight watchers online yesterday because I started gaining weight. First day on the diet today and I'm starving to death
    BabyFetus Ticker
        photo 187e7fd5-6db3-47f3-8720-d3540e6c1f35.jpg           photo 17a38d63-9573-4513-9cd7-1650c297a8ca.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary 
  • Options
    I do good for a week and then a BBQ hits or my mom or in laws bring over something sweet and it is all down hill.

You would think the closet full of clothes I can't wear because most my pants give me muffin top would be motivation enough but no.  

Must hit the treadmill tonight and not the glass of wine. :)
  • Options
    It takes a lot of discipline to turn down BBQs and sweets! I recently started putting my foot down and I don't care what people say now. When the kids go to sleep I get in the gym and I am not not wasting all that hard work for a cheeseburger!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We are in the middle of moving. On top of taking care of a demanding infant. And still trying to schedule and teach all our lessons. I've been eating like absolute crap for at least a week. And haven't gone to the grocery store, barely cooked anything.... But I breast feed... So that works off all the calories. Right?!
  • Options
    I lost my self control when I got pregnant, and have still yet to find it...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • Options
    Im glad im not the only one who has good intentions but then life happens and Im still here...over my pre preganacy by 10 lbs and had about 30 lbs to go before pregnancy.  Super bummed! And my husband doesn't even try that hard and is losing. grr! X(

• Options
    dancy8657 said:

I signed up for weight watchers online yesterday because I started gaining weight. First day on the diet today and I'm starving to death

I've been on weight watchers for over a month now, the key for me at least was stocking up on zero point foods. Since most fruits and veggies are zero points I made sure I had a ton to snack on. Then since Im not a big fan of celery I got a bunch of it to test myself, if I was really hungry I'd be willing to eat it, if I was bored hungry I'd skip it and get a glass of water or tea instead.
  • Options
    Agreed! My problem wasn't the healthy meals, it was the sweets that I found impossible to resist for about a month and a half.  Now my SO has sworn me into working on this together and he's my sugar Nazi.  We've started acountability: the calendar hangs above our scale, on weigh in day we write out weight and initials down so each week we can track it.  If we gained weight then I can recall if I cheated that week or not.  I know many couples aren't comfortable with sharing their weight numbers but it works for us.

• Options
    Reading this thread made my day because just yesterday I was crying over this very subject.  I'm relieved to hear other March mommies are facing the same challenges I am.  Thanks for sharing laides :-)

• Options
    Same problem here :( I get so sad looking in the mirror and when I look at all my clothes I can't wear but I seriously can't stop eating! Especially sweets! I've already had 6 double stuff Oreos today!!!
  • Options

Agreed! My problem wasn't the healthy meals, it was the sweets that I found impossible to resist for about a month and a half.  Now my SO has sworn me into working on this together and he's my sugar Nazi.  We've started acountability: the calendar hangs above our scale, on weigh in day we write out weight and initials down so each week we can track it.  If we gained weight then I can recall if I cheated that week or not.  I know many couples aren't comfortable with sharing their weight numbers but it works for us.
    I like this idea... DH gained all the baby weight with me :)  We just enable each other right now (I buy the ice cream, he fixes us a bowl every night...)
  • Options
    I never loved sweets and greasy foods before like I do now. I get itchy every time I see those golden arches! I have 7 pounds to go until PP weight but need to lose an additional 10 after that to be where I want to be. It's not looking good lol. But I'm happy and have a kick a** son so it's all worth! :-bd
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like to watch extreme weight loss in hopes of motivating me, but I often find ice cream goes really well with TV. Shoot.
  • Options
    I am a bottomless pit. The bottomless pit demands chocolate! Ha! Seriously though I just want to eat all the time.
  • Options
    I too gained 4 lbs. back but still have 20lbs. left to lose to get to pre preg weight.  FWIW, this has happened to me 3 out of 4 times where I lose like crazy and then start randomly gaining back.  I think it is a normal, particularly if you breastfeed.
  • Options
    zzbbzzbb member
    edited August 2013
    My problem is regular Pepsi...which goes great with chips...and a lack of motivation to exercise. I have 10 prepregnacy lbs and about 23 pre marriage so I'd settle for somewhere inbetween. There is always tomorrow :-D
  • Options
    I've been trying to figure out what diet I want to do. I am back to pp weight but nothing is where it used to be. I have some blood pressure issues and could stand to lose another 10 for health reasons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"