Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Ectopic pregnancy

It took us 2 years to get pregnant and last Monday we got our first BFP. I tried to be optimistic all week but had mild cramping and spotting. My numbers/lab work looked good so no one was really concerned. The cramping and spotting went away temporarily after progesterone shots. Five days after our BFP I started having (slightly more severe) cramping on one side that lasted a couple hours. DH took me to the ER and after an ultrasound we discovered it was ectopic, which is what I had suspected.  Fortunately, my doctor was on call so he did the procedure. Despite the situation, it went pretty well and I am now just sore and tired from the procedure. Anyone else have a tubal pregnancy? I know it is relatively common. I am still learning more about this. Thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ectopic pregnancy

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss...I didn't have the same experience but I am thinking of u at this time.
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss and what you are going through.  I am in pretty much the same boat as Jennstegner above, just waiting for my levels to return to 0. 

This was my first pregnancy as well and is certainly not what you expect and hope for when you first find out you are expecting.

I'm sending thoughts and prayers your way for a quick recovery.

Married Aug. 2011

BFP #1: 6/9/13; (EDD: 2/14/14); M/C: 6/22/13; confirmed ectopic: 7/8/13 (3 doses MTX: 7/8/13, 7/15/13, 7/22/13)

--AL Always Welcome--

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, 180miles.

Ectopic pregnancies are very scary and intense. After my surgery, I stayed home from work for four weeks. Physically, I was ready to get back into the swing of things, but emotionally, it took longer to feel okay. For me, I took the day off on my EDD, and on the day that my life changed and I went into the ER. Healing physically and emotionally can take time. Please be gentle with yourself and let yourself feel however you need to feel.

I'm sending you positive thoughts.

mrsfunk07
  • Options
    Thank you all! It was super scary and it is nice to know there are others out there who can relate. I was wondering if it took awhile for the numbers to go down? I am going back for labs in 2 weeks to check my levels. I know I got up to 2800 or something. Thank you for the positive thoughts! Best wishes to you also!
  • Options
    Did you guys experience a period afterwards? It has been 5 days since the surgery with only mild spotting but today I feel like my period is starting.. I just wondered if that was normal, expected, etc. ?
  • Options
    sorry for your loss, I had one as well.  It def isnt easy
    • Iui 1: bfn
    • IUI 2with clomid: bfn
    • Iui 3 & 4 with clomid (same cycle) :BFP! but turned into an ectopic pregnancy. Bled for 3 months 
    • IUI 5 with clomid BFN  
    • October- IVF with ICSI  ER 10/27, 7 retrieved, 5 mature, 5 fertlized
      ET  11/1 transferred 2 froze 2
      BFP!!!!! on 11/11

• Options
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had to experience this.  I had an ectopic pregnancy in June that required surgery due to a ruptured tube.  I had been spotting for two weeks before, but about two days after the surgery, I started to really bleed and cramp heavily. I'm guessing the body has to recognize the pregnancy is over and the hcg has to start dropping to trigger this.  The bleeding lasted for about five days.   Five weeks after surgery I got my first real period.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
     (born at 35 weeks due to pre-eclampsia)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Olivia Claire born sleeping at 17 weeks (measuring 16) October 5, 2014
    MC 8/06 at 5w 3d
    MC 7/27/09 at 7w 2d
    MMC 12/2/11 discovered at 7w 6d
    ruptured ectopic (loss of right tube) 6/27/13 at 6.5 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"