Food Allergy
Options

Eggs

My DD is almost 2. I stopped eating eggs when she was about 3.5months after some really bad eczema. I was having 2 eggs almost every day up until then. It seemed to help clear her up. (I was also trying gluten and dairy - free, continue now with myself and her but that wasn't affecting her eczema).

I still nurse her 1-2 times / day. Now I am wondering about re-introducing them to my diet and maybe hers? I have had the odd eggs here or there and it hasn't seemed to affect her. I'd like to do it more often, though. If advisable to give to her, what is the best way to introduce it to her?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Eggs

• Options
    Has she had any allergy testing? DD2 had really bad eczema as a baby and I decided I'd stop eating nuts to see if it helped. Her eczema completely cleared up within a week. (I was already dairy and soy free due to her MSPI).

We had her tested for allergies because DD1 has allergies. Sure enough, DD2 is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. So her eczema was a reaction to the nuts in my diet. Allergies and eczema often go together.

She's also very allergic to eggs.
    She still nurses a few times a day and seems fine with me eating things that contain eggs (dinner rolls, Eggo waffles), but I always wash my hands afterwards and try not to kiss her for a
    while after eating those foods.

Generally, you start by feeding LO just the yolk of a hard boiled egg. The egg white is often the part people react to since it contains the egg protein. Or you could give her something with egg baked into it, like pancakes.

But if LO hasn't been tested for allergies, you might start there. Depending on test results, you can talk with the Pediatric Allergist and see what they advise.

(Sorry I wrote a novel...)
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"