Food Allergy

pip - rash

So, my child has a severe allergy to peanuts.  I was dumb and let him have a (full) strawberry shake from Braum's yesterday as a treat.  I even made sure they used a new scoop to dip up the ice cream, but not a half-hour later, this is what his face looked like.  That was almost 24 hours ago and it's not getting any better.  I've given him 2 full teaspoons of benedryl over the 24 hours.  Should I just keep dosing him on benedryl?  Hydrocortisone?  Does this even look like an allergic rash, or could it be something totally different, like Fifth's?  It's on his upper back and upper chest too.  He did walk through the woods with Papaw the same day...  Should I just ignore it?  If it's still there tomorrow, I'll likely call the nurse line, but of course, it's Sunday.  He doesn't seem too bothered, but it looks angry.  This picture doesn't do the redness justice.

Calling all rash experts!! ?? On both cheeks, upper back and upper chest. He's severly allergic to peanuts and had an entire Braum's shake yesterday right before this showed up. 2 doses of benedryl and nada. Does it look like it's maybe not an allergy? Fifth's?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: pip - rash

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"