August 2011 Moms
Options

Meal Planning?

What's everyone cooking this week?  I feel like I'm in a dinner rut.  We're kinda limited to freezer meals and quick dinners, since I don't have a lot of prep time these days.  I'm getting tired of frozen baked ziti-like dishes. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Meal Planning?

• Options
    Didn't you try my crock pot Asian chicken a while ago? I dump chicken breasts in and a bottle of ISLAND Terriyaki (any other terriyaki would be too salty or too thick.) The last thirty minutes I throw in a bag of frozen stir fry veggies. I make a side of white or brown rice. We eat off this for three days at a time.
    imageimage
  • Options
    P.s. the reason for adding the veggies so late is they retain their crispness like a stiry fry. If you want them softer add them earlier. I like mine crisp.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I worked on our menu last night. I'm not sure what days we are doing what, but this is what we are eating:

Chicken Salad (my verion of Chili's Fiesta Explosion salad)

Nachos

Leftover Pizza

Hot dogs

something in the crockpot

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been a slacker with this.

Last night I made a frittata. It had left over hash browns on the bottom, some eggs, cheese, milk, and I added a ton of frozen organic chopped kale. It only took me 5 mins to throw together and everyone ate it.

Tonight I'm throwing leftover ribs in the crockpot. When you throw meat in the crockpot you can wrap potatoes (or sweet potatoes) in aluminum foil. The potatoes take 3-4 hours. ****unless I'm having the baby***

We will probably grill and do pizza the rest of the week. It all depends on baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mrs Case said:
    Didn't you try my crock pot Asian chicken a while ago? I dump chicken breasts in and a bottle of ISLAND Terriyaki (any other terriyaki would be too salty or too thick.) The last thirty minutes I throw in a bag of frozen stir fry veggies. I make a side of white or brown rice. We eat off this for three days at a time.
    I totally did and it was AWESOME...we actually just had it last week!!!  And your tip to throw the veggies in at the end is so perfect because (a) no extra pan to wash, and (b) they stay crispy instead of getting soggy.  It is a new favorite in our house, I thank you for sharing!!
  • Options
    Last night I made grilled basil lime chicken, herb roasted potatoes and asparagus.

Tonight we're having friends over and I'm making a huge batch of Italian sausage baked spaghetti with side salads and garlic bread.

The rest of the week:
    Chicken quesadillas
    Jalapeño sausage, peppers and dirty rice
    Grilled cheese and spicy tomato soup
    Slow cooker teriyaki chicken with Asian veggies and fried ramen
    Breakfast for dinner- eggs and DH's potato hash
  • Options
    Rachey1082, thanks for the tip for the potatoes, I didn't know that.

Yesterday was my first foray into making a frittatta.  We had it for lunch, it turned out pretty good for a made-up recipe.  I didn't think of it as a dinner dish, though, great idea.
  • Options
    Ooh I'm going to try that crockpot asian chicken! Today I made ribs in the slow cooker (throw in ribs, an onion, a bottle of beer and a bottle of bbq sauce).

I like to roast a whole chicken then use it for soup, sandwiches, and a dinner. I'm not very good at meal planning!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    @kikalynne can I have your fried ramen recipe?
    imageimage
  • Options
    Mrs Case said:

@kikalynne can I have your fried ramen recipe?

Do links with dashes in them work now? Let's see...

https://www.food.com/recipe/ramen-fried-rice-34716

It's super quick and easy, and I love to throw in whatever I have on hand, usually lots of garlic and scallions, shredded carrots, etc. I think the best part is the egg that's scrambled with sesame oil. Yummo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"