April 2014 Moms

Boy VS girl pregnancy cravings

Do you think it's true that you crave certain foods if you're having a boy and certain foods for a girl?

My last pregnancy (girl) I craved sweet. I couldn't get enough apple juice and fruit. I also craved milk a lot.
This time I'm not at all interested in sweet but I'm craving steak

Re: Boy VS girl pregnancy cravings

• It'll be interesting to see if you're having a boy then...so far I'm craving the same things I did with DS, sweet. I can hardly handle protein. But MS is waaay more mild so far.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It'll be interesting to see if you're having a boy then...so far I'm craving the same things I did with DS, sweet. I can hardly handle protein. But MS is waaay more mild so far.

I guess a sweet tooth doesn't mean girl then lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Not for me it didn't lol. But it could mean different things for different people. Every pregnancy is different :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it's all OWTs. My friend and I were pregnant together and I craved salt and fried foods, she HAD to have sweets. I had a girl, she had a boy.

This time around I haven't craved anything yet (happened later in my pregnancy with the last one) but I do have different symptoms. No sore/darker nipples, morning sickness is more tame and just spurts throughout the day, no super tired (except for the fact DD has pneumonia and doesn't sleep), etc.

It will be interesting to see if all of our different symptoms mean different sex this time.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • With my son, I just wanted bacon and tomato sandwiches all. time. time! So far, I just want fruit.  In fact for lunch right now I'm having 2 apples and grapes. 

• With my son, I just wanted bacon and tomato sandwiches all. time. time! So far, I just want fruit.  In fact for lunch right now I'm having 2 apples and grapes. 

Lunch? Where are you right now that you are having lunch? Are you the bumpie living in South Africa?
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • MarusikaMarusika member
    edited August 2013
    I`m having lunch now too :)) It`s 2:25 PM!

I was craving tons of sweets with my baby girl. Now I can`t eat anything sweet. But it`s still early to talk about cravings, they come after the nausea goes away. Now I force myself to eat.
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage
    Baby# 1 - gone at 6 weeks - Oct 2009
    Baby# 2 ( beloved girl Maria) -stillbirth at 31 weeks - Apr 2013
    Baby# 3 EDD April 2014 - Hope it`s our take home baby

*sorry for grammar mistakes, I learned english pretty much by myself.

• I feel like my cravings were all over the place with DD, although my sweet tooth was way more pronounced than usual. My 3 biggest cravings were icecream, mustard, and citrus.

I think the OWT is sweet for girl / salty for boy.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • With my DD I craved stake and more savory flavors and with my DS it was sweets. My ms was mild with my DD and more intense with my DS. I'm interested to see what happens this time around. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With my son, I just wanted bacon and tomato sandwiches all. time. time!

Okay now I am so craving one of those!! With DS, I craved Mexican food, peaches and tomatoes. I had no MS with him. This time around, I have MS, but besides my sudden desire for the above-mentioned, have had no cravings.

BabyFruit Ticker

• With DS all I wanted was salty, vinegary, and HOT foods (not all together).  This one I want salt again.  I would not be all that surprised if this one is also a boy.  My H's family hasn't had a girl in several generations.  So there's that. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Way to early to crave anything except for the nausea to go away!  anyway, previous pregnancies wanted SPICY! and salty.... we shall see...
  • @sarahm7310 - I eat a bacon and tomato sandwich every day right now.  It's the only thing that sounds good.  That and caesar salad (which I was never really into before). 

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• I didn't crave anything with either pregnancy. I did have more morning sickness with my DS vs DD.

BFP #1 - 3/19/09 - M/C  - 4/5/09 6 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 - 7/1/09 - DD born 3/8/2010
    BFP #3 - 11/1/10 - chemical pregnancy
    BFP #4 - 1/2/11 - DS born 9/8/11
    BFP#5 - 7/13/13 - stick baby stick!  Due 4/24/14

• DemoDoll said:
    With my son, I just wanted bacon and tomato sandwiches all. time. time! So far, I just want fruit.  In fact for lunch right now I'm having 2 apples and grapes. 
    Lunch? Where are you right now that you are having lunch? Are you the bumpie living in South Africa?
    @DemoDoll - Kenya :)  

• With my 1st daughter I wanted veggies all the time with my second daughter I wanted chilli cheese nachos and looks like with this one hot spicy Mexican food! Lol so who knows, but we are hoping for a boy ;-)

• This is my 2nd pregnancy!  Too early for cravings yet, but with my first I craved spicy foods!  She was a girl. 
  • My dd loved the foods I ate most: spinach, eggs, burgers, grapes.

• With my twins (boys) I craved orange juice, spinach & anything spicy. I ate jalapeños out of the jar; they weren't spicy enough. Most food I could I doused in banana peppers, jalapeños & Tabasco sauce & sometimes franks. Lol. So far I've been craving orange juice...
  • With my son it wasn't about salty or sweet for me, more so who cooked the food. I just remember I couldn't eat anything fast food, I could only eat home cooked meals.. With this one home cook meals just don't do it for me and the smell of cooking just makes me sick, but I can eat fast food all day..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"