2nd Trimester
Options

Gaining too quickly

Hello everyone. I have enjoyed reading posts from others since the start of my pregnancy.  I had my 20 week appointment today and my doctor asked me how come I gained 5 lbs. from July to August.  I have gained 14 so far in my pregnancy but he thinks that was a rapid weight gain. 

I worked out very hard prior to pregnancy and have always had to fight my weight.  I of course had to quit my aerobics class because it was far too intense for me and just started walking and doing light weights. I am 5'7 and weight 156 lbs.  It seems like all the weight I've gained has gone straight to my chest and belly. 

Could someone reccomend a place to find a healthy eating plan?  I know I have most likely overindulged lately and really want to get a grip on it before I get too big.  

I truly appreciate your tips and your advice! 

"For this child I have prayed and You have granted me my request." (Samuel 1:

Re: Gaining too quickly

• Options
    I have always been a good gainer! Probably too good! Some doctors are just more picky about it than others. Try to keep the calories to healthy foods.
  • Options
    Don't stress yourself out about weight gain....every one is different as long as you are eating as healthy as you can that's all that matters. you will worry about that after the baby is born.... i am the same way... but as soon as i let that go ...i am enjoying the experience :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am the same way, I am still working out and eating healthy (may indulge on ice cream) I cant help it! The baby makes me! lol but I have gained weight more rapidly this time around than I did with my first pregnancy.  I have an appt Friday with my doctor and at my last appt she said I was doing fine.  I think alot has to do with how different doctors are.  As long as your eating healthy and have a few of indulgences and keep working out I dont think you have anything to worry about.  :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks so much. It's nice to hear from others who actually "understand!"
    "For this child I have prayed and You have granted me my request." (Samuel 1:
  • Options
    Pretty sure once I hit the second tri I gained about 5 lbs per month most of the way through. I'm 32 weeks and gaining about 3 lbs every 2 weeks right now. If I remember correctly, at 20 weeks I'd gained about 10 lbs total, so you're not far off from that at all.

My doctor has only ever said that my weight looks good. I guess some doctors are pickier than others. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am 5'6'' and gained a total of 50lbs with my first child, then 30lbs with my second. Hopefully I won't gain too much with this one, but everyone's body is different and every pregnancy is different. I would make sure that you eat healthy foods. I wouldn't count calories as that will drive you crazy! Makes sure you drink lots of water which will help with unecessary eating. Stay away from fried and processed foods and sweets as much as possible. For every treat I have I make sure to walk a little more that day or do an extra calorie burning exercise. Good luck to you and your baby! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"