July 2013 Moms

Eating after PP

How was your own appetite after birth?
My son was in the NICU for a little over a week and my appetite was normal and I was eating everyday until I brought him home :/ my appetite did a complete 360. He's 16days old now and I just don't ever feel hungry or want to eat. If I do it's because I'm forcing myself and even at that I don't finish my food. I can go a couple days without eating and feel fine I just very thirsty. I know it's not good but I just can't seem to eat.

Re: Eating after PP

• So you're literally not eating a thing for days?
  • My appetite is lousy. I force myself to eat so I can breastfeed successfully. I'd had grand thoughts during pregnancy about all the things I'd want to eat after baby was born. I haven't had even one of these things. No desire.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had no appetite the first 2 weeks home coz of exhaustion. I ate fine in the hospital when I was still getting sleep but 2 days home and I had to force myself to eat anything. I drank plenty of water but I really only snacked on cracker sandwiches and fruit for a while. Everything seemed to heavy to get down.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks ladies thought I was the only one!
    Ive gone 2 days without eating I know it's not good but seriously had NO type of appetite but I do keep myself hydrated. Some days I do force myself to eat but even then it's only half the food. My son breastfeeds well and all & is doing great.
  • Nope - I am starving all. the. time.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • It sucks! Hopefully I get my appetite back soon and everyone as well!
  • Pink724 said:

Nope - I am starving all. the. time.

This. At nearly 12 weeks out it's leveled off a bit, but I think I'm still eating more than DH, and he's got about 80 lbs on me.

FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • At four weeks postpartum I'm just now getting my appetite back. It's weird because I'm usually always hungry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mimi4347 said:

Pink724 said:

This. At nearly 12 weeks out it's leveled off a bit, but I think I'm still eating more than DH, and he's got about 80 lbs on me.

Ditto. Almost at 10 weeks now, and feeling more normal, but I have been ravenous for the past 2 months!
  • I wish I had this problem! I seem even more hungry EBF than I did pregnant. 
  • M0ONM0ON member
    Pink724 said:

Same here, the monster appetite is the one pregnancy symptom I havent shed yet- good thing BF burns so many calories!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wish I had this problem! I seem even more hungry EBF than I did pregnant. 

This is me! I went to brunch with family and friends I felt like such a pig

• I am in the starving category. It's gotten a little better the past week, but I feel like I am always hungry. Nursing has always made me extra hungry with all my kids. But when I am pregnant I have to force myself to eat and have zero interest in food.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • I'm ravenous when BFing. Like, feed me now or I will eat my own arm.

• I find I'm not really hungry until I start eating. Then I'm starving. I think I'm just constantly distracted/trying to soothe the baby that it's hard to put a meal together. I know you gotta take in the calories to put out good milk!
  • I find I'm not really hungry until I start eating. Then I'm starving. I think I'm just constantly distracted/trying to soothe the baby that it's hard to put a meal together. I know you gotta take in the calories to put out good milk!
    This is me too. I will think I'm not hungry until my husband puts food in front of me and I scarf it down. Definitely not having an appetite though. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I didn't even realize how little I was eating until my sister pointed it out. Then she went on a rampage and her, my mom and my DH would put something down next to me while I bf'ed. They'd always ask what sounded good, but nothing did. I found that I would drink a protein drink easily or a carnation instant breakfast. But it was a battle the first month. And kinda still is at 7 weeks pp.
  • I am a hungry hippo! I have always had a big appetite and gain weight easily though. I just joined weight watchers last Friday to help me lose the poundage because it is not just falling off of me. I get lots off extra points for EBF, so so far I am not that starving.
    image image image

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I went through a week, almost two where my appetite tanked. It's back now. Actually I'm hungry all the time again. DS has been feeding a little more the last couple days so my body needs the calories.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• I wish I wasn't so hungry! I feel like I still have pregnancy cravings. Gotta remind myself to reign it in.
    Jan. 2017 Sept. Siggy Challenge - Pumpkin Spice Gone TOO Far!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 2/3/16 --> MC 2/13/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"