Eating after PP — The Bump
July 2013 Moms

Eating after PP

How was your own appetite after birth?
My son was in the NICU for a little over a week and my appetite was normal and I was eating everyday until I brought him home :/ my appetite did a complete 360. He's 16days old now and I just don't ever feel hungry or want to eat. If I do it's because I'm forcing myself and even at that I don't finish my food. I can go a couple days without eating and feel fine I just very thirsty. I know it's not good but I just can't seem to eat.

Answers

• So you're literally not eating a thing for days?
  • My appetite is lousy. I force myself to eat so I can breastfeed successfully. I'd had grand thoughts during pregnancy about all the things I'd want to eat after baby was born. I haven't had even one of these things. No desire.
    dinomama13
  • I had no appetite the first 2 weeks home coz of exhaustion. I ate fine in the hospital when I was still getting sleep but 2 days home and I had to force myself to eat anything. I drank plenty of water but I really only snacked on cracker sandwiches and fruit for a while. Everything seemed to heavy to get down.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Roller skating,anyone? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks ladies thought I was the only one!
    Ive gone 2 days without eating I know it's not good but seriously had NO type of appetite but I do keep myself hydrated. Some days I do force myself to eat but even then it's only half the food. My son breastfeeds well and all & is doing great.
  • Nope - I am starving all. the. time.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
    lisamonkee11[Deleted User]Hilaboo86
  • It sucks! Hopefully I get my appetite back soon and everyone as well!
  • Pink724 said:

Nope - I am starving all. the. time.

This. At nearly 12 weeks out it's leveled off a bit, but I think I'm still eating more than DH, and he's got about 80 lbs on me.

FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • At four weeks postpartum I'm just now getting my appetite back. It's weird because I'm usually always hungry.
    EDD July 4, 2013
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mimi4347 said:

Pink724 said:

This. At nearly 12 weeks out it's leveled off a bit, but I think I'm still eating more than DH, and he's got about 80 lbs on me.

Ditto. Almost at 10 weeks now, and feeling more normal, but I have been ravenous for the past 2 months!
  • I wish I had this problem! I seem even more hungry EBF than I did pregnant. 

• M0ONM0ON member
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Name Dropper
    Pink724 said:

Same here, the monster appetite is the one pregnancy symptom I havent shed yet- good thing BF burns so many calories!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wish I had this problem! I seem even more hungry EBF than I did pregnant. 

This is me! I went to brunch with family and friends I felt like such a pig

• I am in the starving category. It's gotten a little better the past week, but I feel like I am always hungry. Nursing has always made me extra hungry with all my kids. But when I am pregnant I have to force myself to eat and have zero interest in food.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm ravenous when BFing. Like, feed me now or I will eat my own arm.

DenverBride2005opheliainwaders
  • I find I'm not really hungry until I start eating. Then I'm starving. I think I'm just constantly distracted/trying to soothe the baby that it's hard to put a meal together. I know you gotta take in the calories to put out good milk!
  • I find I'm not really hungry until I start eating. Then I'm starving. I think I'm just constantly distracted/trying to soothe the baby that it's hard to put a meal together. I know you gotta take in the calories to put out good milk!
    This is me too. I will think I'm not hungry until my husband puts food in front of me and I scarf it down. Definitely not having an appetite though. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I didn't even realize how little I was eating until my sister pointed it out. Then she went on a rampage and her, my mom and my DH would put something down next to me while I bf'ed. They'd always ask what sounded good, but nothing did. I found that I would drink a protein drink easily or a carnation instant breakfast. But it was a battle the first month. And kinda still is at 7 weeks pp.
  • I am a hungry hippo! I have always had a big appetite and gain weight easily though. I just joined weight watchers last Friday to help me lose the poundage because it is not just falling off of me. I get lots off extra points for EBF, so so far I am not that starving.
  • I went through a week, almost two where my appetite tanked. It's back now. Actually I'm hungry all the time again. DS has been feeding a little more the last couple days so my body needs the calories.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• I wish I wasn't so hungry! I feel like I still have pregnancy cravings. Gotta remind myself to reign it in.
    Jan. 2017 Sept. Siggy Challenge - Pumpkin Spice Gone TOO Far!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 2/3/16 --> MC 2/13/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards