January 2013 Moms
Options

Fighting nighttime sleep!

The past two nights my LO has woke up from being put down for bed between 8-9 in a scream after 45 min asleep and then she wont go back to sleep. Today after her fighting me and screaming, I just ended up getting her up and seeing if she would calm down, which she did, Smiling and everything, So I know she is not in pain, even though I did get some burps out of her. I just dont know where this is coming from. After about 30 min, I could tell she was still sleepy so I rock her a bit and then just laid her down in bed drowsy but awake to see how it would go. Here it is 10 and I think she fell asleep finally. Anyone else having sleep issues? Im really dreading tonight!

Re: Fighting nighttime sleep!

• Options
    Yup.  We've been going through this for about a week now.  DS is down at 6/6:30, up at 7:30/8, and then every 30-45 min.  He screams until we come in the room and then is all smiles and wanting to play.  We put his paci back in, turn on the sleep sheep, and leave.  It's usually about midnight/1:00 that he goes to sleep for the night.  After about 10 we get 1 hr stretches instead of 1/2 hour stretches.  This really sucks since he's up for the day at 6/6:30.  All I can tell myself is that it's just a phase and he'll get over it and start being a good sleeper again sometime in the next 18 years...
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    Oh man..... I think you might have it worse than me. After I got her back down and she fell asleep around 10, she woke up at 10:30, but it was because she had scooted herself down to the end of the bed and was turned over up against the crib, so all I did was reposition her and she fell back asleep. She got up at 1:45 and 5, then up for the day at 7:30. I keep telling myself the same thing. This too shall pass and eventually I will get some sleep. I just hope this is a phase of some sort. Haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg, yes I was going crazy! And he's such an easy baby, it took about 4 to 5 days and now he's back to normal yay!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've gone through periods of that with both kids.  I don't know what causes it.  When it happens I usually give DD a minute to see if she goes back to sleep on her own.  Sometimes she does.  It's strange because it's like she comes out of a deep sleep immediately into serious crying, but after literally a minute or maybe two she'll just go right back to sleep and it won't happen again.  I wonder if she's half asleep while doing it.  But sometimes she's really awake and if she doesn't go back to sleep after a minute I'll just go in and give her some snuggles.  Usually if I stand and sway with her for a minute or two she'll go back to sleep.  :shrug:  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"