Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

when did your child switch to 1 nap?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: when did your child switch to 1 nap?

• Options

At about a year. I moved his morning nap to later- around 11:30, and dropped his afternoon nap.   I did lunch at 11 and then put him down for a nap.

He would sleep until about 1:30-2.   He went to bed around 6:30-7.  I then slowly moved his morning nap back by 10 minutes every few days eventually landing on 12:30 for afternoon naptime waking up bwteeen 2:30-3

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    At one year.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm still trying to figure this out with mine too.  She really likes her morning naps since she has to get up so early to get to the sitters, but boy is she a bear without her afternoon nap.
  • Options
    DD went to one nap around 12m, DS switched at about 8m. I know that's early, but I made the choice to push it then because DD was/is still napping and it's so nice to have them nap at the same time. We just make sure to wear him out in the morning before lunch, and then he will nap for about 3 hours in the afternoon.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    DD transitioned to one nap shortly after turning 1 and DS transitioned around 9 or 10 months
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Around 14 months her morning nap was getting later which pushed her afternoon nap later and closer to bedtime.  She also starting resisting the afternoon nap and it was getting hard to fit it all in. At 15 months I started pushing her am nap back from 9:30 to 11:00 over the course of a month or so.  She had a few weeks where she bounced between one and two naps.  She wakes between 5:30 and 6:00 and her nap now is at 12:00 for an hour and a half to two hours. Bedtime at 7pm.
  • Options
    Right around 11.5 months.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Nap? He gave those up at like 8 months.  I wish.
  • Options
    Right around 12 months she condensed into one longer post-lunch nap.  Some mornings she seems sleepy, so I let her sleep for 45 mins or so and then push back her post-lunch nap by an hour, giving her 2 naps still.

• Options
    We just switched DC and moved out of the infant room, so now DS only naps after lunch (12:30ish-3ish) during the week.  No morning nap.  Started last week and we're just shy of his birthday.  This weekend we still did morning naps too, though.
  • Options
    W just move to one nap, after lunch from 12-2ish, a little over 6 weeks ago. It was tough.. If not for our new sitter, we might not have switched yet.. I took a few weeks to get use to but he does good now. he goes to bed regularly at 7 and wakes regularly at 6.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    At daycare he went down to 1 nap at 11 months, but at home still required 2.  We watched his signals and let him stay up longer in the morning, pushing his morning nap later and later until he ended up going down around 12:30 which was around 13 months. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At 17 months, he's still on 2 naps with no switch in sight.  If we have plans and need him to nap once, as long as we're busy in the morning he can make it until around 12 before he is a total mess and will usually take a 2.5-3 hour nap at that point.  If we're just at home during the day, he's crabby and ready for a nap by 9-9:30.  

I'm just planning to follow his lead...he starts a Mom Day Out program in September and will be there from 9-12, two days a week so he'll only get one nap on those days.  I'm hoping that may nudge him in that direction.  
  • Options
    18.5 months
    Pregnancy Ticker

Photobucket
    Caleb Jonathan
    Born November 30, 2011

The Winking of an Eye
    A blog about the mommyhood, wifehood and lifehood of a misplaced Minnesotan in SoCal
  • Options
    17 mos
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options
    I think our little guy is transitioning now. He's 14 months. I've tried to put him down for his morning nap(@9:30) & he refuses. Sometimes he'll go down a little later (10:10) but yesterday he wouldn't go down at all in the am. I didn't fight him. He went down for a 2 hour nap after lunch around 12:30. he will still take two 90 minute naps at daycare though...they have the magic touch :)

• Options
    About 14-15 months. I just followed her cues - we had 2-ish months of some days with 1 nap and others with 2 and have been consistently at just one for 3 months. While I'd like it to be a later nap, she sleeps from 11-1 and eats lunch after. 
  • Options
    TeacherVickyTeacherVicky member
    edited August 2013
    DS dropped to one nap at DC only at around 16m (he would occasionally nap twice when he needed it) and kept napping twice (2 solid 2h naps) at home on weekends and holidays. He dropped to one nap at home at around 20m, but would still fall asleep in the car when we went out in the morning and would be driving back at around the 10:30-11am mark.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Now at 15 months we're predictably at 1 nap. We had the same issue as you- needed the AM nap and was then up from 11am to 7pm.

Play dates at 10am helped a lot. It perked him up until a more appropriate noon naptime. Now he's going down at 12:30 at home and as late as 1:30 at the sitter.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    About 14 months old.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Right now at 12 months no sign of wanting 1 nap and I'm just fine with that. She wakes up around 5:30/6 every morning so by 9 she's soooo ready for a nap. The afternoon nap is getting shorter though. So for awhile yet I think we'll be at 2 naps, just shorter--1.5 hour am, 1 hour pm
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My daughter switched to one nap about a month before turning one. She's doing great with it. She sleeps about 2.5 hours in the afternoon. It works well for us!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"