March 2011 Moms

Playing chimp in a bad way...

My 2 1/2 year old is obsessed with taking off her diaper and playing in her own poo. I've tried and tried to work on potty training but she fights my efforts. Hard. I tried cold showers, spanking, and just about every other thing I could think of. Now she has a baby brother and she takes off his diaper every chance she gets. Help! Ideas? Am I completely alone in this problem???

Re: Playing chimp in a bad way...

• DD2 was doing so well with the potty training but after she found out we were having another baby she started fighting it.  I just stopped training her, one day she'll be sick and tired of sitting in her own pee n poop.  It was incredibly frustrating for us b/c dd1 was trained right before she turned 2, and of course we get "she's not trained yet?!?!?" from all the family.  Honestly I don't care what they say.  Baby brother is due in two weeks and I don't want her having a further set back or acting out anymore than she already is.  I would just let your dd be and give her a break. 

How old is her brother?

BabyFruit Ticker

IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/qpqv84.jpg[/IMG]

Patiently waiting for little brother!

• He is ten months. She was nearly done training by the time he was 6 months. But we moved and now she won't sit on the new toilet. That's when we started having problems. Soon as we moved she up and decided she didn't like the potty anymore. Hasn't gone potty in new house even once.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"