Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Help Please...18 month old not STTN

When he was little my dd was only 20 months old. We never let him cry as an infant because we didn't want to wake her up. She transitioned to a bed early as she was climbing out of the crib. Again we tried not to let him cry to much when she fell asleep.

He breastfed and was a small baby, and still is a small baby. I didn't want to give formula plus pedi said not to and continue breastfeeding. So at night he always ate. NBD, he slept a part of the night in his crib in his room and a part of the night in the pack and play in our room. As I needed some sleep to.

Ok now, he USED to go into his bed easy, tired and awake, falling asleep. in the middle of the night he would awake and my dh would pick him up for about 5 min or less and he would go back to bed. Now he is up to 3 times a night. the last time he did it my dh would put him in the pack and play in our room. He gets up for the day at 5 AM....

We tried CIO to go to sleep. He works himself up so bad he is soaked from his sweat. takes over an hour before he goes to sleep. Same thing in the middle of the night. Last night when I heard my dd moving around and able to awake and after 45 min of yelling and crying I got him. Walked him to our room on the other side of the house put him in the pack and play and out like a light he went until 5 am.

HELP I need sleep, he needs sleep. I don't know what to do..........

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help Please...18 month old not STTN

• its been a long time since I have been on here, no more post count? no more gold poster label?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My pedi suggested that I read Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems Second Edition... I swear by it!  Basically you re-create your child's sleep associations/routines.  It was rough the first few nights but by the end of the first week it was a total miracle!  After bath time, snuggling, bedtime prayers, and 3 stories she cannot wait to get into her crib. She is in bed every night latest at 7:30 and sleeps until at least 7 in the morning.  Best wishes!
  • Loading the player...
  • I recommend reading Ferber's book.  Then make a plan and stick to it.  Be consistent.  I know it is hard, hang in there, it will be worth it!
  • Yeah, I would agree with PPs to get a consistent plan and stick with it. Even if DD might stir, by constantly changing things up on DS, you're not going to get results. GL!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Photobucket
    Caleb Jonathan
    Born November 30, 2011

The Winking of an Eye
    A blog about the mommyhood, wifehood and lifehood of a misplaced Minnesotan in SoCal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"