December 2013 Moms
Options

Feeling crampy?

I am 23 weeks tomorrow, and I'm still feeling cramps like I did in the first trimester, only worse. Anyone else? Last week I was woken up by the cramping and it lasted about 10 minutes. It was painful enough to wake me up and have to breathe through it. I told my doctor at my appointment that day, and he said that since it stopped and I'm not bleeding then it's normal. Yesterday I had the same thing happen in waves for about 15 minutes and my belly got rock hard. I know it could be BH but I thought they weren't supposed to actually be painful... I called my doctor again today (probably driving them crazy), and I was told that he's out of town but if the cramping concerns me enough then go to the hospital. No shit! If it happens again and doesn't stop after an hour I'm going. Besides these 2 episodes I've had the occasional RLP and all over mild crampy feelings. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what happened?

Re: Feeling crampy?

• Options
    I've had the exact same thing happening for the last two days. Was looking up about bh and wasn't sure if it is that cause my belly goes hard all over and can last for up to 20 mins, was also pretty uncomfortable last night too. Maybe it's the way baby is positioned or something? I'm gonna call my midwife tomorrow just to check I think.
  • Options
    Cashingn2 said:

I have mild period-like cramps today in fact.

Do you just get them lower down or over your whole bump? It's only been the last few days but its a really strange feeling and quite painful sometimes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cashingn2 said:
    Oh and Dh woke up and asked me if he slept for two months because apparently I look huge today in comparison to yesterday.

I was thinking that maybe the little lady has just been growing a lot in the past week and that's what has been causing the excessive cramping. I wish I looked bigger! I went back in to work today to set up my classroom and my principal goes "I thought you were pregnant!" Sorry I'm not huge enough for you yet, sir. Just wait.
  • Options
    Cashingn2 said:

Fizzy8 said:

I have mild period-like cramps today in fact.
    Do you just get them lower down or over your whole bump? It's only been the last few days but its a really strange feeling and quite painful sometimes.
    Mid to lower. They haven't been really bad for me yet but I will mention it at my appointment on Wednesday. I think it's just growing pains but want to make sure.

I don't have my next appt until I'm 25 weeks. I will call and ask though. I also put it down to growing pains but was reading something earlier that said it could be the way baby is laying. I'm not worried, its just weird and wanna know what it is.
  • Options
    If they are bad enough to wake you up and they come in waves, it's worth calling the doctor or going to L&D to get checked out. I've been having contractions on and off and cramping since 18 weeks and they've been watching my cervix and making sure I'm not going into preterm labor. Hopefully it's nothing. Once you get checked out, you'll know for sure that they're harmless.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Cashingn2 said: Oh and Dh woke up and asked me if he slept for two months because apparently I look huge today in comparison to yesterday. Weren't you pretty bummed you weren't so much showing?  Well now I'm looking forward to HDBD more than ever!
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    Cashingn2 said:
    northport6, I still look more fat than pregnant
    Pfft, be nice to yourself.  I bet you're looking a lot better than you think.  :x
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    Yeah I get cramps all the time, they're scary but so far all normal.
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"