Baby Names

Help me out, please!

So LO #3 is coming in January. We are stuck on names, or rather I am, since DH isn't really interested. For boys, his father passed in February and we'd really like to honor him. His name was Phillip Lee. I would much rather use Phillip for the middle name than Lee, simply because it's less common, and several of our nieces and nephews already have some variation of it. The problem is I can't think of a first name to go with it.

For girls, DH likes Naomi Elizabeth. However, I would like to honor one of my great grandmothers. They were Bessie Mae, Veletta Romaine, and Elizabeth (no middle name). I like Mae, but it is my sister's middle name, as well as her daughter. Our last name starts with a V so Veletta is out. I don't like Romaine; it makes me think of the lettuce, but Romy is really growing on me. Is Romy enough of a first name for a little girl if it was paired with Elizabeth?

Re: Help me out, please!

• A lot of people here won't like it as much because it's nickname-y, but I think Romy Elizabeth is darling, and Romy is perfectly workable as a first name (coming from someone who has gone through life with a NN as a full name with no problems).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • As far as boys' names, anything short sounds good with Phillip: Bryce Phillip, James Phillip, Rhett Phillip, Dane Phillip, Cole Phillip...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I knew a Romy growing up and always thought it was a good name. Romy Elizabeth is adorable.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • I agree. I like Romy as a FN. and Romy Elizabeth is great.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Romy Elizabeth is a lovely name. it does remind me of Romy Schneider who played Princess Sissi (Elizabeth) in the Sissi movie trilogy. However, I've seen those movies dozens of times, so I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who has that association. I also like the sound of Elizabeth Mae. For a boy: Reid, Dale, Brooks, Asher, Alexander.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am going to be the stick in the mud-- it's a bit too nick name-y for me.

What about Ramona, NN Romy?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I agree with pp, Ramona Elizabeth nn Romy.
    Also like Philippa Elizabeth nn Pippa

Nicholas Phillip
    Nathaniel Phillip
    James Phillip
    William Phillip
    Andrew Phillip
    Matthew Phillip

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• YES!  I love Romy!  It was on my list, but hubby threw it out.

Could be a stand alone.  Or be short for Rosemary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If the middle name is Elizabeth, I feel like you're already honoring one of your grandmothers, right? Personally, I'd give my daughter a unique name for her first name instead of having both names be derived from family.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"