Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Winter Birthday Party???

My son turns 2 in December and we want to have a big party for him, but it's December ... Any ideas??? We are driving ourselves crazy over this!! Any ideas would be so very appreciated!!

Re: Winter Birthday Party???

• edited August 2013
    Indoor places - children's museum, community center room, kids gymnastics place, indoor play area like chuck E cheese.... Look at what you have indoors in your area. We have a sightseeing train that does cute kids rides like dinosaur trains, Thomas, and the polar express which we may do one year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were planning on having our december BD at Gymboree since DS loves that place and we're going to stop going weekly that he's starting full time day care.

The only thing I am concerned about doing that, is that I imagine it won't be the best for older kids. There won't be that many older ones - just a few family members - so I may just do a family dinner or lunch one day and do his party with friends another day. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Daughter will be two in November. As with her first bday, we will be at home (or a grandma's) with a simple theme. This time Minnie Mouse (omg Minnie Mouse is in my nightmares.), with just some family. I feel like, until your kid can choose a place or activity, there's no need to go crazy or push it. Also, since ours aren't in daycare or school yet, they don't really have "friends" to invite.
  • My son is a December baby too.  What we've done is rented a hall like a Knights of Columbus or VFW, etc and had the party there.  Since we live in the North East it's too cold to do any outdoor activities. If you keep the kids active with games they will be just fine and  you don't need to spend a ton of money. For his second birthday we did a Jake & the Neverland pirates theme. I made a kids table that was decorated for them with an activity at their chair which was different pirate themed wood cut outs. I put some washable markers and let them have at it. We also did pin the Hook on Hook which I painted, and a pinata. I gave out prizes along the way for the other games as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"