Health & Exercise

pregnant running advice

This seems to be the theme today, but after yesterday's terrible run, I have to ask.

I have been running throughout this pregnancy (much further than I have run with any of my previous pregnancies).  It seems the bigger I get (more correctly, the bigger the baby gets), the more weight is put upon my lower abdomen and things just get too uncomfortable to run for very long (I am currently 24 weeks).  So my question is, for those who have run or are currently running pregnant, do you use a belly band of some sort while you run?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: pregnant running advice

• I run with a band on and off. Sometimes LO is up high enough that I don't need the support. Other times every step feels like she's jumping on my bladder and I gladly put on the extra support. For what it's worth, I'm currently running 4-6 days a week 3-4 miles at a time and am 34ish weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wear a Gabriela support. I could never have made it this far running without it (36 weeks). This is the second pregnancy I am wearing it for and it helped postpartum when I started running again and my core was trashed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your replies.  I will look into the Gabriela support; I like the idea of using it postpartum as well. 

And I am really impressed that you guys have stuck to it!  There are days when I just want to quit, but it helps to get out in the fresh air to clear my head.  Good luck to you both in the rest of your pregnancies.

• Ajboocher- love the name.  DD1 is Lucille, but we call her Lucy.
  • Ajboocher- love the name.  DD1 is Lucille, but we call her Lucy.

Her name will be Lucille as well :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't run with a band, but probably could have benefited from one.  Around 36 weeks I started getting pubic symphysis pain, and it was probably due to the extra pressure and weight.  Note: the pubic symphysis pain went away immediately after birth! It was incredible :)  Am now running pain free once again!
  • Have only needed support 2 times this pregnancy. Definitely depends on baby position and your comfort. With my first, I had to wear support all the time just walking but not with this one and I'm 38 weeks and still running 3 miles easily.
  • Thanks, girls!  I appreciate your experiences; I am in uncharted territory here despite being my fourth pregnancy.  I just wanted to keep going as long as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"