Trouble TTC

PCOS

Hi ladies,

I'm 28 years old and my husband and I have been TTC for about a year now.  I had blood work done this week and talked to the doctor's nurse today.  She told me I had signs of PCOS (which I knew nothing about) and that I could talk to my doctor about it at my next appointment (which is 3 weeks away!).  I looked up PCOS and have learned a little about it online, but I was hoping some of you could give me some idea of what to expect since I have so long to wait before talking to her.  Thanks!

Me 28 : DH 29

TTC since August 2012 

DX PCOS July, 2013

Re: PCOS

• Sorry I do not have PCOS but I do know the TTTC blog had a section onbit that might be helpful for you :)

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/7063930/new-to-trouble-trying-to-conceive
  • I'll check it out!  Thanks!

TTC since August 2012 

DX PCOS July, 2013

• Loading the player...
  • I would say the same as blue above. I have PCOS. If you want to talk, you can PM me. :)
    TTC #1 since 8/2011
    DH(26) Me(24)
    Me-PCOS, thyroid disease, insulin resistant 
     metformin, levothyroxine
    Hsg= normal
    Dh- SA normal
    4 rounds of clomid- no ovulation 2012
    Round one femera with RE- May 2013- no response
    Round one bravelle injects- June 2013-BFN
    Round one 200 mg clomid with steroids and estradiol -August 2013 = BFN
    round two 200 mg clomid with steroids/injects/estradiol - September 2013= ??

• I would have gave similar info as IntuitiveBlue, but I am also open to discussing my personal journey with PCOS if you would like to private message!
    Me: 27, DH: 29*** TTC since November 2011 *** Dx with PCOS in September 2012 
    ***September 2012: IUI #1 = BFN*** 
     ***October 2012: IUI #2 = cancelled due to not responding to meds ***
     ***February 2013: IUI #3 - BFN ***
     *** April 2013: Gonal-f, HCG Trigger and TI = BFN*** 
     ***May/June 2013: TAKING A BREAK.***
    ***July 2013: Gonal-f, Trigger and TI = BFN***
    ***August 2013: Gonal-f, Trigger and TI = Cancelled due to over-stimulating***
    ***September/October 2013: Fermara, Gonal-f, Trigger and TI = BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beta #1: 65, Beta #2: 210!!!!!!***

BabyFruit Ticker
  • EIK2013 said:

I would have gave similar info as IntuitiveBlue, but I am also open to discussing my personal journey with PCOS if you would like to private message!

Me too. I agree with what Intuitiveblue has said. That is some great information. I am happy to talk about my journey with PCOS or try to answer any questions if you want to PM me.

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks for the info ladies!  I really appreciate it!

TTC since August 2012 

DX PCOS July, 2013

• Hi there - I'm 29, and I do have PCOS.  I was diagnosed when I was 20, so I do know a lot about it.  What are the symptoms that led them to believe it's PCOS?  For me, I have insulin resistance and have been anovulatory since I was 17ish.  I've been on Metformin and BC to control it.  Since TTC, obviously I've been off BC, but they've recently increased my Metformin dose.  Some other symptoms for me were excessive weight gain for NO reason, excess body hair on my face and stomach, dark spots in my armpits, excessive sweating and sensitivity to heat, and no ovulation.  It is treatable and many women have it, but it's still not a fun thing to that to work around when you're TTC because everyone is so different.  Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it - I have 9 years of experience dealing with it now.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Hey, I am also newly diagnosed with PCOS. My doctors office didn't want to talk to me about medications and treatment options until my husband provided a sperm analysis. Did they mention what other tests they would want to do with you? I feel like I'm stuck in limbo waiting which is very frustrating. What kind of symptoms were you having? My periods are very abnormal since coming off BCP in October this past year. I've also gained some weight and had an increase in facial hair which has freaked me out. I've heard talk about metformin and clomid but wasn't sure what to make of it. I'm a RN but am having trouble thinking of all the questions I want to ask the doctor. (If I was having a heart attack or had amputated a leg I'd know what to ask but all this stuff is so out of my realm).  Also, anyone else have trouble with insurance in terms of what is labeled 'infertility' and what they will cover?

**siggy warning**

Me: 30 dx w/PCOS 7/13

DH: 31
    TTC 11/12
    started Metformin 9/13
    HSG, tubes open but narrow uterus... f/u with RE 3d u/s everything 'normal'
    2/14: hopefully 1st IUI... timing off before trip, waiting until 4/14
    3/27: POAS= BFP!!!
    3/28: beta#1: 108
    4/2: beta#2: 799
    4/11: u/s 6w1d EDD 12/4, 1 little penguin!

7/7:  We're having a girl!
    12/11: after lots of labor/delivery/nicu excitment baby Piper Mae born 1859 @ 8lbs, 21.5"

• Hey ladies, sorry it's been so long since I've been on here.  I''m a teacher so it has been a crazy couple of weeks trying to get ready for school, plus, I have horrible internet connection as I live in the country so I can't always get online.  FutureMrsW9 and Imlee15, I really haven't had many of the signs of PCOS except for excessive sweating (which I have had since age 13) and acne.  I have pretty regular periods, however I have no idea whether I am ovulating.  I am going to start charting this month.  My doctor did blood tests and apparently something in those tests lead her to believe it could be PCOS.  I don't get to go back to talk to her about it until August 19, which has been killing me.  Also Imlee15, I have heard from several people that insurance usually doesn't pay for anything infertility related, which is ridiculous!  As for my husband, I am currently trying to talk him into doing a sperm analysis also, which he is not very excited about.  Hopefully we can get it done soon, plus I will find out more at  my doctor appointment and we will be able to get on with whatever needs to be done.  Good luck to both of you girls!

TTC since August 2012 

DX PCOS July, 2013

• Also Imlee15, I have heard from several people that insurance usually doesn't pay for anything infertility related, which is ridiculous! 
    I've been "battling" PCOS since I was 20, and not TTC.  PCOS is a lifetime diagnosis, so regardless of whether you're TTC or not, treatment for it should absolutely be covered, and they shouldn't be coding it as infertility.  Just remind the staff at your Dr's office not to code it as such, because it should absolutely be covered.  Even after you do have bambinos, you're still going to have to deal with the PCOS......luckily, it's treatable and there are things that you can do to keep it in check.  Good luck!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"