Food Allergy
Options

Baby not eating well on Neocate

I'm a first time mom with a 11 week old that showed signs of a milk protein allergy or sensitivity at 3 weeks. We are now on Neocate and he will not drink more than 3oz at each feeding, now after it took almost two weeks to getting him to like it and drink it. He has been drinking 3oz since he was 7 weeks old. On a good day he will drink 22oz for the day, average is about 20. He will not drink more to increase his ounces for the day. Now he has a cold and is only drinking 17-18 oz for the day. Has anyone else experienced eating issues on Neocate and baby not eating well while sick? He is now on Ranitidine for reflex. Has that helped anyone improve with eating issues? I asked my doc when we should see a GI and she said after we do some tests on his stool to rule everything out but really up to me and can go anytime. Any advice on going to a GI? FYI- he is a small baby born at 5.14 and now 10.8

Answers

• Options
    DD only took 15-18 oz per day for the first few weeks on Neocate, then she never took more than 25 oz and was usually closer to 22 oz per day for the majority of her first year.  Somehow, it was enough for her to maintain her weight around 40%tile.  I wouldn't worry about your little guy, just offer frequent small bottles.  Babies with reflux tend to do better with smaller, more frequent feedings.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"