Cloth Diapering

New Elemental...What are your thoughts?

For ladies wo have used the new BumGenius Elemental - how do you feel about them? Likes, dislikes. I just got one and am on the fence about it. I guess I need to use it a bit more to really decide, but I was just curious how others were liking or hating it.
div style="text-align: center;">
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New Elemental...What are your thoughts?

• I really didn't like it. I love the old style elemental. The insert in the new one bunches as soon as DD wets a little bit and then anything more will leak at the legs because there isn't an absorbent layer attached to the PUL like in the old style.

I only used mine twice before shelving it. If anyone likes the new style I'm selling mine! :)
  • I'm on the fence about them. I like the fit because my DD has a high rise BUT I really am not a fan of the PUL touching her skin. I mostly use hybrid fitteds and the BGEs are our 'going out' diapers but I LOVE the old style!
  • Loading the player...
  • I really didn't like it. I love the old style elemental. The insert in the new one bunches as soon as DD wets a little bit and then anything more will leak at the legs because there isn't an absorbent layer attached to the PUL like in the old style. I only used mine twice before shelving it. If anyone likes the new style I'm selling mine! :)
    These were the first AIOs I bought so I thought I liked them... until I bought other brands. The bolded above was my experience and these were the only diaper I've had leak. I used them a total of 3 or 4 times before I sold them off.

Only plus is they are incredibly trim, but so are GroVia AIOs, if thats really important to you.

My other favorite AIOs: BG Freetime, Tots Bots Easy Fit, Blueberry Simplex and GroVia.

Hope that helps!

imageimage

image           image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • When you say "new elemental" how new? I purchased mine 4-6 months ago and have the one that has the insert joined at both ends

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• Roxie5739 said:
    When you say "new elemental" how new? I purchased mine 4-6 months ago and have the one that has the insert joined at both ends
    The new elemental came out around the beginning of this year, if I'm remembering correctly.  This link shows a comparison of both:

https://awesomeclothdiapers.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-quick-and-dirty-bumgenius-elemental.html
  • Thanks ladies. I wasn't sure if the leaking I'd had was just because LO's legs are still too small (she's 8 weeks) or if this was a problem everyone was having
    div style="text-align: center;">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• daffy2k said:
    Thanks ladies. I wasn't sure if the leaking I'd had was just because LO's legs are still too small (she's 8 weeks) or if this was a problem everyone was having
    She still might be a bit small for the elemental.  I'd give it a few more weeks and try the diaper out again to see if you still get leaks.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"