Postpartum Depression

Struggling

I'm 7 weeks pregnant. I was told it would never happen. I had surgery at 18 for severe endometriosis. I have felt the fear from thinking it would never happen. It did and now I'm trying to trust God, I believe everything will be fine but you never really know. I just have been frustrated lately, My husbands sisters are having a rough time in their lives. One is in the middle of divorce and the other one isn't happy we are pregnant because after having her second child in her teens and giving the baby up for adoption she is angry we got pregnant before her/her husband. We got pregnant on our honeymoon, We didn't get pregnant to hurt anyone, and with my medical history and reproductive issues. I know how truly lucky and blessed I am. And because of their feelings even there mom sometimes acts standoffish towards me, because my husband and I expecting hurts them. I have been so supportive and helpful to them, I know how much women struggle and how much I'm blessed so when I'm being treated bad and made to feel like my baby is something to be ashamed of It makes each day very hard.I'm fighting so hard to not be depressed and reach out to people who support my pregnancy. After getting pregnant, being happy because it wasn't going to be in the cards for us, and then having people closest to you treat you like crap. It's affected me being emotionally happy. Just posting my thoughts. Hoping to find some supportive moms out there. 

Re: Struggling

• congratulations on getting pregnant that is wonderful! I am sorry your family isnt being very nice but try not to let anyone steal your happiness from you. as long as u and your husband are excited and happy that is all that matters. try not to stress right now i'm sure you know its not good for u so early on and I am sure it is easier to say than to do given that your family isnt being supportive. try reaching out to friends and above all else lean on your man :)
  • Congratulations on your blessing! I, too, was told that I would never be able to get pregnant and if I did, I would have a hard time carrying. Low and behold I got pregnant 1 year ago and am the mom to a beautiful 4 month old baby boy!
    Not having support can be tough. In fact, it hurts even more when your family doesn't seem to support you. However, you are building YOUR own family right now! You have your husband and now a little one on the way. Your husband (I'm guessing) supports you and when your little one arrives, he/she will love you so much and look up to you like no other. Those are the things that you have to look forward to! I've struggled a lot with depression my whole life and I knew that I was going to face PPD. No matter how much I tried to prepare myself, nothing could. I currently have a counselor that I talk to and that helps a lot for me. When you see/hold your little one for the first time everything will just float away. Please hang in there and see about talking to someone, it really does help!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on becoming pregnant! That is truly wonderful news, and a blessing from God. 
    Always remember that you are entitled to good and happy things in life, and carrying a baby of your own is just that. I know its so hard but try not to let their negativity effect you. Surround yourself with the people who are supportive and excited for you. Once that baby is here the family will come around.. there is no denying a little baby love!
    Stay strong, and write down your feelings it can help :)

Eat Sleep DanceimageBabyFruit Ticker BFP 12/10/2012 - Strong numbers and baby HB 169!
  • It's a special time and its sad your family isn't more supportive. Congrats on being a mommy, I was told I'd never have kids, got pregnant and had a m/c, but now have a beautiful 18 month old little boy!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"