Detroit Babies

Distressed in Detroit: Please Help!

Hi, 

I'm 30, pregnant with our first and living in Detroit proper, seeking a recommendation on an OB/GYN in Detroit. Last winter we miscarried and I would prefer to not return to the hospital that I spent time in after the miscarriage, but am open to suggestions. I have done tons of searching, but cannot seem to find anyone who has recommendations for OBs that deliver in Detroit. I am super frustrated after tons of online research and many phone calls to appointment centers at various clinics, but to no avail. All of the doctors seem to deliver in the surrounding metro area, at least 20 plus minutes away from my house. 

So my first question is: does anyone have any recommendations for OBs that deliver in Detroit proper? I am hoping for someone at Henry Ford Main Hospital, or at least for information regarding the state of their L&D department.

My second question is this: Is it crazy to plan to deliver at a hospital that is a 36 minute drive from my house, in good weather (I am due in February)? I had my initial prenatal visits at a hospital in West Bloomfield, and it was amazing.  I have an appt with a highly recommended OB/GYN later this month at that same hospital that I am already loving in West Bloomfield. I just don't know if it's insane to be banking on a hospital so far from my home. 

Thanks for reading. Any information is appreciated. 

Christine

Re: Distressed in Detroit: Please Help!

• Hello, I cannot say enough good things about my practice group, but it is out of Providence Park in Novi. Your best bet may be to go to Detroit hour magazine, and search the top docs for this area. I will try to look myself later & leave the names of the recommended physicians. But it is a good starting point. Good Luck!
  • Hi - with a quick search I found Dr Susan Hendrix. She appears to deliver out of DMC. Per Healthgrades she had high patient satisfaction. Check out www.dmc.org. But if you loved HFWB, consider sticking with them. I have yet to hear a bad thing about that place.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your replies! After another day of searching and time spent on the phone with schedulers in Detroit, I think my best bet is to stick with the relationships I've already started at HFWB and I appreciate the help and the support! I think I was just having second thoughts about the drive to HFWB, but the more obstacles I encountered in finding a local OB, the more I felt like it was a sign I should stick with my original plan! Besides, HFWB is slightly closer to both my husband and my families. 

Thank you again! Your input is so appreciated!

Christine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"