High-Risk Pregnancy

***Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-In***

This check-in is for anyone dealing with clotting disorders, or for anyone doing once or twice daily shots of Lovenox, Heparin, Clexane, Fragmin, Arixtra, etc. (you are also welcome if you are on any other blood thinners - coumadin, aspirin, etc.) This is a place for us to share our frustrations, worries and triumphs.

What?s new this week? How is everyone feeling? How are your bruises? 

If this is your first week checking-in, please let us know your EDD and the reason you are on blood thinners.

QOTW: What's the best baby item you've received or purchased so far? 

Here is a link to our injection tips: 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/68100369.aspx 

This is the current list of Lovenox Ladies:

KitT.Kat (Antithrombin III deficiency) ? 7/6

Velgomez (MTHFR) ? 7/6

CILLAJ8 (previous PE) ? 7/7

Jessalicious01 (FVL homo) ? 7/10

Casey78 (MTHFR) ? 7/11

Aurora317 (FVL, MTHFR, Prothrombin) - 7/14 

Millivanilli (APS) - 7/23

Narewien (LA) ? 8/23

katharine25 (MTHFR, Sjrogen's)- 8/23 

BeccaFegley (FVL, previous DVT) - 9/2 

sewingmomoffour (anticardiolipin atibody, previous PE) - 9/5 

DragonflyFree5 - 9/15 

kgauntt (previous DVT & PE, May-thurner Syndrome) - 9/16 

a2003tiger (previous DVTsPEs, MTHFR) - 9/17 

dandywarhol (previous DVT) - 9/25 

Kate621 (MTHFR) - 9/26 

kobicou (MTHFR, Prothrombin II, AMA) - 9/?

allieb543 (FVL) - 10/1 

Alylove11 (FVL) - 10/7 

Lindsayb828 (FVL) - 10/13 

Jalee85 (APS) - 10/21  

Pink714 (FLL, MTHFR, previous PE) - 10/26 

ericaw616 (FVL, Protein C deficiency) - 11/6 

ShanaNChris (Factor II, MTHFR, previous clot) - 11/7 

Beathag (FVL) - 11/08

lemissreb1205 (previous PE & 2 clotting disorders) - 11/11

aggieabbie02 (MTHFR) - 11/12 

Bonjay - 11/13 

Gottschall (MTHFR, previous PE) - 11/13 

Hopefullyamommysoon (lupus anticoagulant) - 12/? 

Jeanine1977 (MTHFR, prothrombin II, FVL) - 12/1

Mac2588 (FVL, protein S deficiency, MTHFR) - 12/5 

cnlmdl (MTHFR C677T) - 12/9 

Wifey xo (Prothrombin, PAI-1) - 12/12 

mindym0731 (MTHFR, C677T, A129C) 12/16 

Kimyata (APS) - 12/18 

BeesKnees181 (previous PE) - 12/27 

Linz1233 (FVL) - 1/4                       

Roses87 (MTHFR) - 1/26 

Daltoso (MTHFR) – 1/28

Julielouise (FVL, Previous DVT & PEs) – 2/3

socialwkrsweetie (Lupus, Previous PEs) - 2/18 

Zapgurl44 (protein S deficiency) – 3/10

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: ***Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-In***

• Hi ladies.  Things are good here.  Bruising is a little more evident this week and I think it's because of my growing belly.  Baby was breech as of last week, which is a downer for my VBAC hopes.  I know, baby still has time to turn and I've increased my visits with the chiropractor to 3x/week.  Hopefully that helps!  Only a few more weeks on the Lovenox (unless baby stays breech and we schedule a c-section), then I'll be switched to Heparin.

QOTD: The only thing I've been given for this baby is a sweet little coming home outfit.  It's perfect for a team green baby.  My best purchase during our first experience was the Rock N Play sleeper.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• BarihoopBarihoop member
    edited July 2013
    I am on once daily Lovenox for four different clotting disorders. The injections are annoying, but as a type one diabetic, I am used to needles. I bruised a lot worse when I first started the injections, but since I have started icing the site before injecting, and not pinching as much, I have found that both the pain and bruising are not as bad.

Question for you ladies - I am 4w and supposed to go on vacation in a couple of weeks. My doctor says I should be fine to fly, but I am nervous about clots. Anyone fly during your pregnancy with no problems? I would love to hear some success stories so I can take this much needed vacay without being scared. Lets face it, I don't know when DH and I will be able to travel again! ;)

ETA: EDD is 4/4/14
    M & B: 05.24.04 | 06.27.09 | 10.24.10
    PgAL
    IUI 7.12.13 | BFP 7.24.13 | MMC Dx'd 9.5.13 | D&C 9.9.13
    IUI 11.16.13 | BFP 11.30.13 | BO Dx'd 12.23.13 | D&C 12.27.13
    Oops! BFP 4.2.14 | EDD 12.14.14

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • With my first pregnancy, I flew at 11 weeks and at 29 weeks. This time, I just took a flight between 31 and 32 weeks. I pump my feet and try to keep moving while sitting. And I get up often. If you can upgrade to a seat that has extra leg room, that's even better.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Thanks, that's good to know. I go for my first u/s next week,  so I will make sure to discuss it with my doctor then. If she still says it's safe, I'll go. I want to be safe, but I don't want to put my life on hold and live in a cocoon until April.
    M & B: 05.24.04 | 06.27.09 | 10.24.10
    PgAL
    IUI 7.12.13 | BFP 7.24.13 | MMC Dx'd 9.5.13 | D&C 9.9.13
    IUI 11.16.13 | BFP 11.30.13 | BO Dx'd 12.23.13 | D&C 12.27.13
    Oops! BFP 4.2.14 | EDD 12.14.14

imageimage

• Shots still going well here.  Had an u/s Monday and baby looks great.  They estimated 4lbs 5oz at 31 weeks, and he was head down instead of breech.  One positive of AMA and Factor V is that I get to have more u/s than I would otherwise!  Had my shower and got a lot of great stuff.  

Tiger-what did you use your rock n play for?  Mostly naps?  We have a bassinet and a pack n play with newborn napper so far, but I have read such great things about the rock n play I feel like I HAVE to have one.  Clearly, FTM mom here, haha. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used the RNP for night time sleeping. Didn't have one when he was born. We had his crib and bassinet ready, but he screamed bloody murder when we tried those things. So about 3 weeks in, we got the RNP. It was a lifesaver! He slept in it at night until he was 5 months old, then went to his crib and has been there ever since. He mostly napped in someone's arms or in the swing.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Thank you!!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry I have to leave you ladies but went to my 8wk u/s an LO no longer had a HB.

align="center">

BFP #1 9/6/2009 EDD 5/29/10. Missy Moo born 5/12/10 after 3 months of bedrest due to PTL, IC and a bicornuate ute causing IUGR
    BFP # 2 1/28/12 EDD 10/6/12 No heartbeat seen @ 10 weeks, Autumn
    BFP #3 8/18/12 EDD 5/2/13 No heartbeat seen at 7w3d, Mae
    BFP #4 01/31/2013 EDD 10/15/2013 No HB seen in our little girl at 10w2d due to trisomy 12, Abigail
    BFP #5 6/27/2013 EDD 3/10/2014 diagnosed with protein S deficiency heparin twice a day. Luke's HB stopped at 8wks
    BFP#6 12/22/2013 EDD 9/4/2014 No HB seen at 7w2d, Leia

BFP #7- 5/12/14 EDD 01/2015, ruptured ectopic 5/31/14

• So sorry for your loss, Zapgurl.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Spent last week in the hospital on a heparin drip and this week in the hospital on angiomax. Only had 2 shots in the belly in the past 2 weeks. So the bruises are not bad currently. Supposed to be discharged home back on 100 mg of lovenox twice a day. Can't wait for this blood clot to dissolve.
  • Hello everyone, I'm new to these boards and its amazing to have found this post! I'm currently 18w6d pregnant and taking warfarin (Coumadin). I was self injecting clexane up until 12 weeks and was admitted to hospital and put on heparin between 12 and 14 weeks. So far pregnancy is going well as is anticoagulation! I am due on 1st Jan 2014 but will probably require a scheduled c section due to a heart condition (replaced aortic valve and aorta). If there is anyone out there with a similar condition I would love to hear from you! My OB told me they deal with 1 person with my condition every year so kinda rare!!

Again, brilliant post!
  • I'm 15 weeks tomorrow! Have a history of PE and now am on lovanox once a day.

Recently diagnosed with a subcorionic hematoma above my cervix. 6cm wide, and am a little freaked out. Any one else have a bleed in uterus?
  • Is warfarin safe during pregnancy? I've always heard no!
  • sarahnoelle88sarahnoelle88 member
    edited August 2013
    Hi everyone, I am new to this. I am currently taking Coumadin. I was diagnosed with Factor V Leiden (homozygous) and Factor II Mutation (prothrombin) after multiple PE when I was 18 (now 24). I will be on blood thinners for life. I am going to start trying for a baby next month after my wedding. I will be switching to Lovenox. My Perinatologist wants me to wait to start the Lovenox until I have a confirmed pregnancy to prevent more bleeding in case of an early miscarriage. I had one one before about two years ago. I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks and immediately switched to Lovenox and lost the baby a few days later. I am very worried about a high risk pregnancy. I want my baby to be safe. 
  • I've always thought Coumadin was definitely a no during pregnancy as well. @sarahnoelle88, don't worry about the high risk pregnancy. This is my second on Lovenox. I don't have anything else making me high risk, so essentially, I just get extra monitoring. Good luck during your journey!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Thank you @a2003tiger. I am a little concerned for even trying on the Coumadin. I'm waiting for my Perinatolgist to contact me so that I can discuss it more with her. I don't want to risk anything if I end up not getting a positive right away. I have heard mixed emotions on the conceiving part. I have heard people say that it doesn't start to effect the baby until around 6 weeks. 
  • S @sarahnoelle88, sorry, I wasn't referring to you about the Coumadin, I think your situation is different. We had a new poster just above you who says that she's on Coumadin at 19 weeks. Anyway, I think you've probably got a good team of knowledgable doctors who will steer you in the right direction. And you're doing your research before you even try...good job! I've always started my Lovenox at 4 weeks, right when I get my BFP. So you can start it super early. I'd hate to have to inject before the BFP, just in case it takes a bit to get it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• sarahnoelle88sarahnoelle88 member
    edited August 2013
    @a2003tiger I saw that post too. I figured it was for her haha. I have always read it is extremely dangerous to the baby especially that far along. Yeah, my peri recommended just letting her know as soon as I got a BFP. If you always started at 4 weeks that makes me feel much better. I have been tracking my periods for over a year now so I am pretty aware of when I should get it. I will make sure to be on top of everything so that I find out right away. Were you switched to Heparin closer to your due date? How did that work out with delivery?
  • I take aspirin daily, so nothing like Coumadin long term. But I started Lovenox at 4 weeks, 2 days with my son and 4 weeks exactly this time. Order you some cheap pregnancy tests from Amazon so that you can pee on a stick often, lol! With my son, I was switched to Heparin at 36 weeks, but then got induced a week later (lots of factors for that, not just the Lovenox). I ended up with a c-section. This time, I'm trying for a VBAC, so I'll again be switched to Heparin at 36 weeks and then it's a waiting game. I can't be induced this time, because of the previous c-section, so that makes it a little more difficult, but I can handle it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Oh I plan on stocking up with tests, haha. I want to know at the absolute soonest time! I was told I would switch to Heparin closer to my due date. As if the pregnancy doesn't have me freaked enough, birth sounds worse! I'm trying to stay as calm as possible though. I know stress isn't good for me and won't be for the baby either. Your strength is an inspiration and I will stay strong for my future baby as well. I'm so anxious to start trying. I have been wanting this for such a long time now!
  • Hi all. I am new to this board and glad to find some ladies that understand what I am going through. I am a FTM 9w5d EDD 3/7/14. I have a family history of clotting so my doc ordered a bunch of clotting tests. I just got results today and I have a hetero MTHFR mutation, hetero FVL, a low protein s and a high factor 8. All of this computed to putting me on lovenox for the duration of the pregnancy and at least 6 weeks post. Did the first shot today and it wasn't too bad. Just nice to know that I can talk to people going through this and know that I am not crazy or the bruising is normal.
  • Newbie here and late to the party, I have mostly stayed very entertained just with my BMB August 13 ladies. I am a FTM due August 30th and have a double whammy of history of PE on birth control and GD. I just switched from Lovonox 40 twice a day to 10,000 usp per ml 1 ml twice a day of Heparin. I hate the Heparin. I miss the prefilled Lovonox for ease of use. I have a lovely big bruise on my tummy from before the Heparin and cannot inject in my thighs anymore due to bruising. My favorite gift so far is a super cute sock monkey blanket.

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • Sorry, not checked this post in a while. My obstetrician and consultants advised me to conceive whilst taking warfarin and as soon as I became pregnant to switch to clexane. This was to continue for the first trimester, switch to warfarin for second trimester and back to clexane for third. We have had no problems with the warfarin, being monitored very closely. I have an excellent team of consultants looking after me very carefully! We have our 20 week scan next Wednesday!
  • Hey ladies! I will be in the third trimester next week and I am ecstatic about it.
    It has become more difficult to find a good place to inject. And I am starting to bruise and bleed more too. Oh well. Totally worth it for a healthy baby and a healthy mom.

AOTW: I think that my Britax travel system is the best purchase so far. I have a lot more shopping to do! If only I could get my husband on board. I don't believe it has hit him yet that she is closer to being here than not. He doesn't have my sense of urgency lol.

Barihoop, I flew in the first tri from Houston to Bangkok. It was a crazy long flight there and back and I left when I was about 9 weeks. I wore compression hose and got up often and kept up with my injections. Hope that you have a blast!
  • @beccijo1986, interesting! As far as I know, most of the ladies here are on injectable blood thinners of some sort, which is why I even mentioned the Coumadin. I'm sure your doctors have a good plan for you and lucky you that you don't have to inject!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• I had to inject for the first 12 weeks and will have to for the third trimester also.
  • Boo! Well, there's plenty of us to commiserate with you on the injections!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Hi ladies!
    I'm so happy to find this thread:)
    I'm a 35 yr old FTM on Lovenox due to history of DVT.
    We are expecting a baby boy on 11.12.13!
    Best gift- the chair my mom bought us for the nursery. I can't wait for it to arrive!!! Sooooo comfy...
    Prayers for all of you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"