Stay at Home Moms
Options

Best birth month

What do you think is the best/worst month to have a baby and why? If you had a preference?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Best birth month

• Options
    I've had them in November,  May,  and July and I love May.  Mild weather with the whole summer in front of you. Hated november. Pediatrician told us to stay close to home because the flu and rsv were so bad that year.
    E 7/2009, K 11/2011, M 5/2013

• Options
    So far, I've had Feb and am due in Oct this time. Big big in the summer is the worst. I hate it, so I would say late winter/early spring.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have two December babies.  It makes for a very busy and expensive December!  It is difficult to find hiding places for all the gifts and our house looks like Toys R Us by the end of December.  Also birthday parties are more difficult in December- cannot play outside (unless you are in a warm climate), people on vacation/have holiday plans, etc.  One good thing about December babies is that you are not largely pregnant during the summer. 

I have a May birthday.  I liked that I got new toys and clothes every 6 months.  By the time things were getting old I got new things.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second April. DS1 is an April baby and it was nice to not be pregnant in the sweltering heat. I didn't think December was a bad time to deliver either, when I was really big and uncomfortable it was nasty out so I got to curl up under the blankets and veg.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have two December babies. 

I have a May birthday.  I liked that I got new toys and clothes every 6 months.  By the time things were getting old I got new things.   
    I have a December, October and May baby.  I probably like May the best (my B-day month too!).  
  • Options
    The spring for sure... I'll go with April 'cause that's when I was born :P 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I know being pregnant in the summer would suck, but it would only be one summer and then you would have years and years for summer birthdays. There's so much you can do outside.

DD, DH, and I were all born in January. As a mother, it wasn't bad since I avoided the heat while pregnant and by the time she was old enough to take her out to the park or whatever, it was warm. As a kid, though, I hated having a January birthday. It's right after Christmas, all the parties had to be indoors... It just wasn't fun. I thought that was partly because Christmas, my birthday, my brother's birthday, and my sister's birthday were within 3 weeks of each other, but DH says it was the same deal for him, too.
  • Options
    I have a June and will have a December. They both have good and bad. I was born at the end of August. It's not the greatest.
  • Options
    DD was born in early September and DS in late December.  

I think the best birthday month would be June (I was born in June).  Nice weather for birthday parties and such, exactly six months from Christmas so the gifts are spaced out.  You don't have to be pregnant all summer.

Worst month I would say December.  So close to Christmas and cold weather.  Though I must admit being pregnant around that time of year was great because I typically didn't even wear a coat.
  • Options
    I really wanted a baby around the end of may/early June. Not pregnant in the summer, outdoor birthday parties, still in school to invite their friends to parties. I got late December/mid jan instead. Haha. The downside is juggling party planning with the holidays. It was pretty sweet being hugely pregnant in the cold months and eating a lot at thanksgiving/Christmas. Haha. I was also nice being snuggled with a baby all winter. By the time summer came baby was old enough to spend time outside and wear sunscreen. I had lost all the weight so I felt comfortable in a swimsuit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KateMW said:
    I have a June and will have a December. They both have good and bad. I was born at the end of August. It's not the greatest.

When's your BD @katemw? Mine is the 26th! <:-P
  • Options
    I'm a March baby and so are both of my kids. I think March through May are the best birthday months. You are in the middle, age-wise, for school; and you are a few months removed from Christmas for new toys. Besides Easter, you don't really have to worry about planning a birthday around a holiday, or graduation parties.

• Options
    cjcouple said:
    I had June and sept and sept was my favorite. I love that it was cool enough to cuddle and the warm clothes. The brisk walks and stuff. Plus I was on leave through the end if the year which was nice. June was fine for a couple weeks but it got hot and it was tough being do sweaty and trying to comfort a newborn. Plus I worried about the sun and the beach was tough that year with older child and a newborn My walks were super sweaty and had to be super early or late.
    Me, too! I had Emily in Sept and Nolan in June :)

Being pregnant through the summer in TEXAS before having Emily was so uncomfortable and hot. The chaffing hit an all time high that year. Ugh. However, we moved to San Francisco, CA in my 7th month and I was in heaven. I LOVED having Emily in September: her birthday is sort of the kick-off for the holiday season and it's still warm enough for backyard birthday parties and late night family walks (still daylight savings time!). I also loved that by the time she was really ready for solid foods, around 7-8mos, the summer fruits started to come into season and were plentiful! It was so easy to get her to eat with all the juice berries and peaches on every corner!

But I also LOVED having a June baby! A newborn is so easy to tote around everywhere so, we had a fantastic, BUSY, exciting summer that year before Emily started Kindergarten. We traveled, went to amusement parks/Disneyland, we walked and swam and played at the park all day and all night while the baby slept in his car seat. It helps that where I live our highs during the summer rarely hit above 77 degrees and we can be outside anytime. This helped me a lot - I was able to get out and get some fresh air without thought to rain, snow, cold temperatures and the illness that typically comes with Winter. :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    I have one kiddo with an early May bday and one with a very late August birthday.  I like the May birthday better.  She is not necessarily the youngest kid in her class (cutoff is Sept 1 around here), she actually has school friends to invite to parties and she gets her summer stuff (bathing suits, outside toys, etc) replenished for her birthday.  My August kiddo will most likely be the youngest in her class, she won't have time to make school friends before we have a party for her and it's too late for summer gifts but too early for winter gifts.  If we have another, my edd goal would be early October.  Big enough to be out and about for the holidays (we do low key Thanksgiving so mainly Christmas) and big enough to at least get sunscreen for the summer.  Plus it would give my bigger kids time to adjust to school before they have to adjust to a new sibling as well.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Well I would prefer to have a fire or air sign child because I get along with and understand them the best. Having an April baby was nice. Fall/Winter pregnancy, summertime was right ahead of us and now for the holidays this year he will be able to try a little of the food we have and be alert. 
    A summer pregnancy would be so hard on me. I hate the heat. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    May was great for me.
  • Options
    I always wanted a spring/summer baby, and I said I would never have a December baby, but sure enough that's when DD was born! So in December, we have her b-day & MIL's b-day on the same day, mine is 1 week later, then we host Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day, as well as have a NYE party!! Needless to say, December is super super busy and expensive for us!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    January :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    DS was born in April and DD was born in September. I much preferred April. It was warm enough that I could take DS out without bundling him up so much and we didnt have to worry about flu season. Being big in the middle of summer was terrible also. Being pregnant in winter early spring was much better.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like April because I have kids in school. That gave me 2 months to get my stuff together with the baby before they got out for summer vacation. Also, I was only pg in the cooler months.
  • Options
    I don't think it's ridiculous at all. Most people who don't have trouble getting pregnant think about these things. It's all in fun. I think it goes without saying that yes we would rather have babies without health issues.
  • Options
    Louiej said:
    KateMW said:

When's your BD @katemw? Mine is the 26th! <:-P
    The 30th! I got married on my birthday, so that makes it better!
  • Options
    This question is ridiculous.  The best month to me would be the month the baby is term because there are fewer risks of health issues.  I couldn't care less if I had a baby in a specific calendar month or not; I just don't want to ever deal with major health problems again.

Holy over reaction batman. Love, one preemie two time bedrest, NICU surviving mom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"