Secondary IF

Clomid and Weight Gain

Has anyone experienced weight gain while on Clomid?  I've been on 50 mg of clomid (CD 5-9) for the past 2 months.  I also do one Gonal-F injection and an Ovidrel trigger.  This is all for an IUI. 
I have gained 8 pounds in the past 2 months.  It's all gone to my stomach and I can't button my pants now.  I've never had an issue with weight before.  This is so frustrating.  It has to be from the meds, right?  Anybody else experience this?

Re: Clomid and Weight Gain

• I haven't taken Clomid, but I have been doing Follistim injections and I've used the ovidrel trigger. I've been living in lululemon pants most days and dresses when I actually have to look presentable. My shorts and pants do NOT fit me. They don't button at all -- super tight. I actually lamented to my doctor that I'm getting fat and she laughed and said, "No you're not! Your ovaries are, and we want them to be fat!" It actually made me laugh. So my guess is it's probably bloat? 

Sorry for the poor answer... especially since I have 0 experience with Clomid in particular. The way I rationalize it is it's just (pre) pregnancy weight! I'll just tack it on to my grand total at the end :)
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hmm. I can't recall clomid giving me weight gain. I was very bloated around ovulation though. Maybe it's combo of Follitism and clomid? Because I only did clomid.

I was doing some mega walking though at the time.

Clomid gave me hot flashes though. It was like Novemeber and I was in short sleeves.

Sorry I'm no help.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"