Trying to Get Pregnant

Is heartburn an early sign?

Ok first time ever posting so here it goes... We weren't necessarily trying but we also weren't not trying.

We've been married 7 years and that has been our method, and have only had a couple test worthy months (3 maybe) due to lateness. No real other early signs and always negative, usually start the day after I buy a test, lol. This month was different...

With the exception of the few late months I'm like clockwork, I have a app that tracks and not only am I always on time the duration is literally the same. This month I was a day late (no biggy) and it lasted a day, maybe a day and a half. The day after it ended I woke up to bad heartburn (which I have had once in my entire life prior) and had it all day, nothing helped. The next day again heartburn this time couple with some nausea. That night I tried to eat nothing that could cause heartburn grilled chicken, rice, and salad about 4 hours before I went to sleep, in the morning heartburn. I've had it every morning for a week. Today I woke up again to heartburn and some cramping. My body has never acted this way which makes me think something could be going on.

I've never heard of heartburn being an early symptom and since I had a period it was just short I wasn't too concerned. Then my SIL said it could have been implantation bleeding and I should test.

Just curious if anyone has had/heard of heartburn being this early of a sign/symptom? I've heard about the horrors of heartburn later on in pregnancy but not at the start.

Oh, and when's the best time to test for an accurate result?

Re: Is heartburn an early sign?

• If you are pregnant enough for symptoms then you are pregnant enough to turn a test positive. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• There are many reasons you could have heartburn. The only thing that can tell you if you're pregnant is a positive pregnancy test. If you really want to be sure it's accurate, wait 18DPO. But if you don't have the patience for that, test when you like and keep testing weekly until you get a positive or AF.
  • Loading the player...
  • Take a test - EVERYTHING can be an early sign.

• Haha! Like I said I had never dealt with a weird month so when I told my SIL and she said that I wanted to check if that was normal thinking!

I took max strength Zantac no help at first now I just wake up take it and pray it's gone in a few hours..

Guess I'll buy some tests today.
  • If you needed a pad or tampon, it was your period and you're not pregnant. If you think you might be pregnant, take a test. You can get one for $.88 at Walmart. 

Having an identity crisis due to the new Bump 

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and DX with endo. 6/16

Blogging to stay sane

• Salad causes heartburn. My mom and BIL both have gastric issues and my BIL will spend all night puking because of really bad acid indigestion if he eats a salad.

Just FYI.

And no, I don't think you're pregnant either. I'm new to the TTC board and I'm new to charting, but just by taking my temp, checking other fertility signs, I've learned SO FREAKIN MUCH about my cycle. It never hurts to start charting and be informed.
    imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
  • /:)
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Pee on a stick to ease your mind, but if you had your period, then you aren't pregnant.

Also, I was having really horrible heartburn a few months back that no amount of over-the-counter medicine would cure, but my doc gave me a prescription that worked wonders. If it keeps up and you aren't pregnant, talk to your doc about it.

• Heartburn can be a sign. In this case I'm pregnant.... A lot. Take a test. Do some of your own research.

• BethKate said:
    If you needed a pad or tampon, it was your period and you're not pregnant. If you think you might be pregnant, take a test. You can get one for $.88 at Walmart. 
    Really?? Hmm...I'm gonna have to start getting them from there! LOL
    For real? I grab a few every time I go. They even have .88 opks if you go to the right one

• Also, those apps aren't real life. Only temping can tell you if you've ovulated. If you temped, you could tell whether you were really late or not.

image image image

• xnbridexnbride member
    edited August 2013

Heartburn is a pregnancy symptom, but it usually occurs later in pregnancy.  Although it can be an early symptom, you would have enough hcg in your urine to turn a test if it was causing it. 

When TTC we are so "hyper-aware" of everything going on with our bodies that it becomes natural to assume that everything becomes a "symptom" when it is not.  Likely you are not pregnant, especially because you had bleeding, but I don't know that for sure.  Test again in a week if you are still feeling off. GL to you. 

edit to add: I also HIGHLY recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It should be required reading for all women (and men)!  

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Jesus fucking Christ.

Your SIL is a moron and so are you if you listen that dumbass.

Her SIL was wrong in her assumptions, yes, but I don't think calling her a moron and a dumbass is okay.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • Everything about this is just no.
  • I have heartburn right now.  I'm also on day 3 of my period sooooooo
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Have you peed on anything? Just in case? 

Nice to see you!
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• I'm pregnant after wine, I'm pregnant after coffee, I'm pregnant after pizza.....heartburn sucks, you needed a tums my friend.... And a pregnancy test...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have a hiatal hernia that causes chronic indigestion so I am ALWAYS PREGZ yayyyyy!!!

I rly hope my baby comes out soon though, it's been like 2 years. WEIRD.

Hey me too, we're like total cycle and heartburn buddies! ;)

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"