New York Babies

Catholic Baptism & Jewish Baby Naming in NYC

Can I have both for my little one? My DH and I want to expose our baby to both our religions and want to give her options for when she's old enough to decide.

In the meantime, can someone recommend a priest and rabbi who are open to performing both for us? Thanks!

Re: Catholic Baptism & Jewish Baby Naming in NYC

• RDK24RDK24 member
    I don't have names to recommend but am in a similar boat with religion. Would love to hear what you end up doing and I'd be happy to share our plans too. Drop me a PM if you'd like!
  • Try contacting Father Richard (Rick) Nelson. If anyone can help guide you, he's the one.
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • This rabbi/priest team officiated our interfaith wedding (Jewish/Catholic).  They must get requests about baby blessings.  They are based in Cherry Hill, NJ but they travel.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • By baptizing catholic you'd be agreeing to raise your daughter in catholic religion...  Instead, you may want to consider an interfaith baby blessing that incorporates elements of both ceremonies.  You might be able to get a rabbi/priest to come but you could also just offer prayers/blessings in your home with family, friends, godparents etc.  I believe the Jewish baby naming/bris are traditionally done at the home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"