March 2012 Moms

New word: Cheese

DD likes to eat.  I don't know where she puts it because she is still a little thing (12 mos still fit comfortably). Her new word last night was cheese.  It was super cute!  Cheeeeezzzeee.  What is the latest word in your household?
image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: New word: Cheese

• I feel like there's a new word every few days now! It's so cute. Normally when Alexander want to read, he goes to get his book and then turns around and backs up into me and falls into my lap. This has been going on so long that I didn't even notice that as he's been walking toward me, he's been saying "Read!" as he handed me the book. he's even occasionally strung read with the book that he wanted to read so "Read Elmo" or "Read Bear." Bear is particularly funny because he pronounces it with a heavy Jersey accent but we are 100% midwest so I'm not sure how that developed.

There's also a little girl at daycare named Anya that he's been with since they were 4 and 6 months old. She's older and a little pushy but super cute. When I picked him up yesterday, I asked him "Did you have a good day? Did you play with Anya?" He looked up at me, rolled his eyes, sighed and said "Aaaanya," like he was so exasperated with the thought of her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Josephine has a little boyfriend at daycare that follows her around and says hi jojo!! hi jojo!! hi jojo!! until she acknowledges him. Oh, young love.
    image image

• Loading the player...
  • So fun! Still no words here. Ugh.
  • So cute! The other day we walked past DH's work shirt that was hanging and DS said shirt without me even asking.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My favorite new word is "outside," which DS pronounces "yide" (it counts if I can understand it right? lol). He runs over to the door and says "YIDE!" When he wants to go outside and play.
    I've also realized lately that he's saying while phrases, like "I get it" and "There ya go" (what I say when I give him something he wants). Took awhile for that to dawn on me!
  • awwww!  So cute.  My favorite thing that my girl says is "aou, aoo, aeee, eenanim" for "one, two, three, whee!"
  • Nicb13 said:

He said "shit" at my mom's house last week. Not my favorite new word.

DS now says "sauce" when he wants his applesauce which I think is super cute :)

LOL!
  • awwww!  So cute.  My favorite thing that my girl says is "aou, aoo, aeee, eenanim" for "one, two, three, whee!"
    Cute!  I secretly love that I can understand some of dd's words that nobody else understands yet!
    image image

• Nicb13 said:

He said "shit" at my mom's house last week. Not my favorite new word.

DS now says "sauce" when he wants his applesauce which I think is super cute :)

Hahaha sorry I got a good chuckle out of this one.  I am waiting for DD to pull out a curse word.  I am not very good at censoring them.  I am picturing myself being that parent whose child teaches the rest of the class bad words.  Dang.

Love sauce!
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"