Washington Babies

what to do with 2yr old during labor?

Hi i am due oct.8th and my husband and i dont really know that many people and have no family here they are either in alaska or arizona. we are really stressing about what we are going to do with our 2 year old when i go into labor or go for a c-section does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone gone through this?

Re: what to do with 2yr old during labor?

• IrishsapphireIrishsapphire member
    edited August 2013

My son was already in daycare, so I knew if anything happened during the week and during the day that we would be covered. 

But with my daughter, I started to go into labor on a Sunday afternoon.  And when I was finally admitted to labor and delivery, we contacted our inlaws, and they drove in to Seattle to watch our son Aidan so that my husband could be there for the delivery.  And it took all night.  She came at 3:54am in the morning.  So we needed for someone to be able to watch him at home while he was sleeping. 

The only suggestion I can think of is a backup nanny to watch your child if your family is not able to come around the time that you are due.  But if it is during the night, your husband may just need to watch your 2 year old in the waiting room.  And then everyone can visit you after the birth. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"