November 2011 Moms

Advice needed

I am starting a new position at a new school. Next week I have a couple of days that I need to work and no one to take LO. My sister suggested I bring him to her from
Sun to Sat. (5hrs away) he loves her and his cousins. I don't know if I can be away for that long but we are going away in jan for 5 days so this will be good practice. But I'm worried about things that could happen even though I know she will take good care of him. I could also get my room ready and have extra time to set up student council and such. What to do. What to do?
Help
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Advice needed

• It's always hardest with the first born. I say go ahead and do it. You will also have a better time when you go away in Jan. knowing that it won't be the first time being away from your LO. Depending on how your LO is doing with your sister, I wouldn't try to talk to him over the phone/Skype. That can sometimes make LO upset or confused. He won't forget you, I promise! Just write down his schedule and see if she can stick as close to it as she can. The kids do so much better in a situation like this than the parent does. I know how hard it is; my DD is 6 and I still don't want to give her up to my parents for an extended stay without me.
  • Dooooo it!  I only had one kid this past weekend and that was a nice break and I'm leaving the girls with DH for 5 days next month for a vacation/work meeting and I'm looking forward to it.  I'm always nervous leading up to the absence, but it's never has bad as I imagine.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to my new classroom and realized how much work I have to do so I've decided to send LO to my sisters for the week. I will have tons of work to do and he will have fun with his cousins. I'm gonna cry and miss him and cry and call him and more crying but we will be ok.
  • I know it's going to be hard emotionally, but your LO will have so much fun! I will have to do the same thing next week. It will be ok! In my case, I'm going to keep busy, know that the kids are well cared for, and try not to think about the seperation. GL!
  • Sounds like LO will have a great time with family & you'll get a lot accomplished. I hope you make it through the week with only a few tears!

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. It will be hard I cry just thinking about it :((
  • I totally understand the feeling. It will be okay and it is fine to cry!
  • Ok my sister took LO.
    I. Can. Do. This.
    Cried for a bit then my sweet husband talked to me about music on our 2 hr drive home to keep my mind off LO.
    When LO saw his cousins he started clapping and all smiles. I have called twice and both times I can hear him laughing. He has not said mama yet so that makes me feel better.
  • Aww! He will be back before you know it and this will make your trip in Jan. so much easier! I hope you get to enjoy this time with your hubby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"