3rd Trimester
Options

Sleeping help??

I just started my 3rd trimester but my belly and my baby have been growing a lot lately. It has been absolutely impossible to find a comfortable way to sleep. Everything I try just kind of hurts. Does anyone have any suggestions?? This is my first so any advice is much appreciated! :)

Re: Sleeping help??

• Options
    i think most of us are in the same boat. hips, back, knees, all of it hurts. There's no really getting comfy. If I go too many days without getting good sleep, I take a benedryl (my OB said that was fine) to knock myself out and get a few consecutive hours in one shot

• Options
    Exercise always helps me. Walking and stretching seem to be best for helping not only the aches and pains but to get me sleepy enough to sleep well at night. I haven't exercised much this week and my sleep is suffering for it.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Body pillow!! I just got one and sleeping never felt so great
  • Options
    I seem to sleep best when I'm kind of propped up instead of laying flat on the bed. I'm using a lot of pillows right now!
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Options
    Only advice I can give is the body pillow. Other than that, you're in your 3rd tri of your pregnancy, so you will be super uncomfortable. It only gets worse too, sorry to say. My problem now is that I wake up a lot during the night and have trouble getting back to sleep, along with being really uncomfortable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • Options
    I love my Snoogle! Works so well! 
  • Options
    pregnancy pillow and tylenol pm are my only suggestions.  other than that, just try to hang in there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not at all able to fall asleep with my snoogle pillow so I have resorted to tylenol pm or benadryl. This is what my dr told me to do and as a last resort towards the end he said he will give me ambien if needed. 
    photo IMAG0561-002-Copy2-Copy_zps16abfae1.jpg
  • Options
    Ditto yoga -- I sleep better on nights when I've gone to my prenatal yoga class.

(I should add that "sleep better" is a pretty relative term. I "sleep better" compared to every other night, when I barely sleep at all.)
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lots of pillows. A walk before bed. Tylenol PM, if you're really in that much pain.
  • Options
    You are going to have some pain for probably the rest of your pregnancy while you sleep but there are some things you can do to try and lessen it. Get a pregnancy body pillow...that really helped me! Lay on your left side with a pillow between your legs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    I find that a pregnancy pillow really helps. If I'm at all sore before I go to bed, I'll take a warm bath with Epsom salts to relax my muscles or some Tylenol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"