January 2014 Moms
Options

Baby Movement Question

I'm just wondering if what I am feeling could actually be the little human moving around in there...

I feel little pulses on the left side--always on the left side--in the exact same spot every day. It's a couple of inches below the belly button and a few inches above my left pelvic bone area (so basically in the middle between these two areas but to the left).  I've been feeling this for a few weeks now, but I just kept telling myself it was too early and couldn't be the baby. (I'm a FTM).

So for those of you who have felt movement for the first time and STMs who know what it feels like, is it what I think it could be? 

Me: 30  DH: 34  Us: Est. 2009 (Dating) // 2013 (Married)
DD1: 12/26/2013  DD2: 08/03/2016  DS1: 05/10/2018  Baby #4: EDD 11/22/2020 (Team Green)

Re: Baby Movement Question

• Options
    "Flutters" to me feel like something is tickling from the inside. Then it turns into small pops and finally fil on movement. What you are feeling could be the beginning of feeling baby move. With DD, I generally felt it in one general location until I was about 21-22 weeks. I think that it is just that when baby is in that particular position you are better able to feel the movement. You will be able to tell easier as you get further along.

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I *think* I've started feeling movement in the last day or so, and it feels like little muscle twitches and have been on both sides (so I guess the baby moved around).
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started feeling by 15 weeks, and it was exactly like a little fish! Have you ever tried to hold a fish? They suddenly jump and go away! lol that's what I felt! =)
    Last week as soon as I turned 18 weeks, LO started showing that she is here to participate! DH put his hand on my belly and she moved right away! It was awesome and he felt.
    It is different for everyone... but the fish jump is the best way to explain my experience =)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! I guess I'm just wondering because the feeling never moves from side to side, it is always the same spot. I have a dr. appointment on the 16th, so I'll be able to see if everything is okay with baby. I'm not really worried (yet), but it will be nice to see the baby again to ease my mind.
    Me: 30  DH: 34  Us: Est. 2009 (Dating) // 2013 (Married)
    DD1: 12/26/2013  DD2: 08/03/2016  DS1: 05/10/2018  Baby #4: EDD 11/22/2020 (Team Green)
  • Options
    alanexoalanexo member
    edited August 2013
    I'm at FTM and my movement started at 11/12 weeks. I didn't realize it for sure back then, but I used to feel popping sensations like once every 5-7 days (very low in my pelvic area) when I would lay on my stomach. As the weeks went on, i would feel the exact same gentle popping, just more frequently. I am now almost 17 weeks (measuring a tad bigger) and feel the same feeling between my pelvic area and belly button and I feel it every day at some point. I too, can't wait for the movement to become more obvious!

Surprise #1! 

BFP: 5/14/2013

8/06/2013 - [it's a girl!]

EDD: 1/18/2014  imageimage
  • Options
    That sounds like it! See if it's more active right after you eat (especially if it's a sugary and/or cold food/beverage). That's how I was really sure when mine started a few weeks ago - it's busiest around feeding time! And loves chocolate chip cookies:-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That's what I am feeling right now too - I have a feeling it maybe the start of baby moving, but it's not really satisfying not knowing for sure, can't wait till it's obvious kicks! :)

• Options
    What I feel is actually my pulse alot down there. Its pretty strange. I guess all the extra blood flow is causing this. Sometimes I think, oh maybe I feel something! And then I look and can actually see my abdomen beating to the rhythm of my pulse. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"