August 2011 Moms
Options

Everything is a phase right?

BnchaNumsBnchaNums member
edited August 2013 in August 2011 Moms
Because dd1 is such a hot mess these days. Take her out? She's great. Try to spend a morning at home? Forget it. She's currently standing in her doorway shrieking "up please!" If I go to her she'll scream "NO". I put her in her room to cool off because she was being super whiney and then hit me because I wasn't paying her tantrum attention. Every single thing is a power struggle. Two days ago she stood on her blanket screaming "mommy pick it up" just to try and make me do it. I try to ignore her bu she gets so worked up that it's almost impossible for her to calm down once she gets started. I don't even think this is because of dd2. She's been napping in the swing since this morning's tantrum started. Please make it stop! We do choices for EVERYTHING, I ignore tantrums a d whining, I try distracting..... I'm afraid I just managed to make someone just as stubborn as I am.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Everything is a phase right?

• Options
    It's gotta be a phase, but I bet you're right... You created a stubborn kid.
    Hang in there, I'm sure you're doing the best you can!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sounds like my house. Everything is a power struggle these days, everything. I even put folded laundry on a chair and said, lets leave that there for now. Of course, DS1 took that to mean, let's throw it all over the living room, immediately. Lots of fun over here.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    phase! and we are dealing with the same thing here too. DD2 was so mad at me this weekend because I was trying to put her down for a nap that she fell asleep standing up holding onto the door knob...TWICE!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no, that sounds awful :(

DD is big into power struggles right now.  Everyone says "pick your battles"....but that's easier said than done, especially on days when it seems like we're battling all day every day!  Some days she's great, and other days she is JUST like you described your DD. 

I'm sure it's just a phase.  Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"