April 2013 Moms

Baby Merlin Magic Sleep Suit

Anyone use one?   I'm desperate and paid $53 for one yesterday ($39+overnight shipping).   I can't keep going on the sleep I am getting.   Last night I got a combined 3 hours.   Today her naps have been 20 minutes, just long enough to eat myself.    

I'm anxiously awaiting the UPS guy so I can get it washed and ready for bedtime.

Re: Baby Merlin Magic Sleep Suit

• i used one for about a month till just recently till she started rolling over! I LOVED it. it was a smooth transition from the RNP swaddled to crib and magic suit. she slept in a onsie and the suit and its generally about 67 degrees with the fan in her room, she was the perfect temp. she seemed to really like it too... i think you will be happy, fingers crossed for better sleep!
  • Was she rolling over IN it? My LO can roll and that's what's waking her up. I read the suit keeps them from rolling.

• Loading the player...
  • Keep us posted on how it works tonight !
  • My DS has been using the sleep suit for the past month.  I think it really helped him transition from the RNP to the crib with ease!  But I do not think that it helps with the sleep regression.  DS was up 4 times last night.  We do have good nights of sleep while using it but we do still have bad nights as well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My DS has been using the sleep suit for the past month.  I think it really helped him transition from the RNP to the crib with ease!  But I do not think that it helps with the sleep regression.  DS was up 4 times last night.  We do have good nights of sleep while using it but we do still have bad nights as well. 

See the sleep regression was bad enough ad then she started rolling and that's when it got unbearable cause she rolls and then screams. I read this keeps they from rolling, at least for a while and hopeflly she learns to roll back over by herself.

I will check in tomorrow with an update

• I have been using one for about two weeks now (starting from the first day in the crib) because he is very thrashy and will literally wake himself up flailing around. It keeps him from waking up as much. It has helped slightly with length of sleep but we are still getting up 2-3 times a night.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • NicoleSB80NicoleSB80 member
    edited August 2013
    Hehehe. She seems to like it as she never lays in her crib awake, we normally have to rock her to sleep. Now that I look over she is asleep!!!

DH says it looks like the bunny outfit from the Christmas Story. I say she looks like a peep.

My only concern is her overheating. I kinda wish the zippers zipped down so we could open the middle a little and air out her mid section. We dropped the air down a couple extra degree to be safe

We aren't looking for a miracle here but would love if this thing could get us (i.e me) 4 hrs of straight sleep. Last night I got a 1 hr stretch and a 1.5 hr stretches.

• Here is my DS in his

• Messing around and accidentally deleted my picture of her. 2 hrs in and she hasn't moved, just spit out her paci. I'm feeling hopeful.

• Good luck! Hope you get some sleep! And don't worry about her overheating. My LO has never felt hot after being in his.

• Good luck! Hope you get some sleep! And don't worry about her overheating. My LO has never felt hot after being in his.

this. As long as the room is the right temp they will be fine. Most the time she was way cooler than I would h ave guessed... As far as rolling over she now prefers to sleep on her side and she was getting frustrated in the suit because she couldn't get all the way to her side
  • I've been thinking of ordering one of these. LO refuses to sleep in his crib wakes up every 2 hours when I try. I've just been swaddling his arms but sometimes he gets out of it or it unwraps and I'm worried about it covering his face. Update us tomorrow on how it worked! Good luck :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Over 4 hrs and not a budge yet. Problem is I'm laying awake watching the monitor and not sleeping. Lately the second I start to drift she wakes so I haven't been letting myself get too comfy. Now I'm pissed at myself cause I've missed almost 2 hrs of sleep for myself. Normally (last 4 weeks normal) we would have been up at least twice already if not 3 times).

• Please post how is goes cause I still have to swaddle LO and I'm debating on getting one to transition out of swaddling.  He wakes himself up when he wiggles out and just smashes and rubs his face like crazy.  I'm heading to the States the end of the month and may order one to my Mom's house cause it sounds like lots of people are having success with it.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I am watching this thread for your status, we ordered one earlier this week to hopefully get him to transition into the crib and our of the RnP
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Final update: it worked at least tonight, not gonna get too excited until it works for a few nights in a row.

She slept 730-130, 2-545, 600-800

The only negative was with the padded suit she couldn't roll/ hold herself to breastfeed so I took one of her arms out And had to hold her weight against me. At least with the arm she could hold onto me like she normally does.

But after waking both times she went right back to sleep with no issues, and again, lately our normal has been waking every hour and FIGHTING going back down.

DH got a full night sleep and I feel a million times more rested than I have in over a month.

Will update you again in a day or two when we make last night wasn't just some fluke. ::praying hard it wasn't::

• Pardon me if I'm just blowing smoke, but isn't this magic suit just another thing you'll need to wean them off of? Isn't it just another step to make it through? Rock and Play to Pack and Play to crib/swaddle to crib/magic suit to crib....

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Pardon me if I'm just blowing smoke, but isn't this magic suit just another thing you'll need to wean them off of? Isn't it just another step to make it through? Rock and Play to Pack and Play to crib/swaddle to crib/magic suit to crib....

We shall see but I know this may be a risk. The website suggests wearing it until their startle is completely gone and they can roll better or as long as 9 months. The reviews seem to note most people didn't have to do any weaning, they just stopped using it one day and many says they stopped using it much earlier than 9 months.

DH and I talked about maybe using it just a few nights a week to get our sleep so she doesn't become dependent on it. But we have been using the swing every night and I think the suit will be easier to stop than the swing.

• I bought one on Monday as DS has been sleeping terribly since we've tried to transition out of the swaddle.  He was waking up every 1.5-2 hours, and I was a zombie at work.  The last two nights he's slept from 9-5, and I feel like a new person. He also just happily fell asleep on his own vs being rocked or nursed to sleep. It's magical and totally worth the $50 to me if he keeps this up.  
    We shall see but I know this may be a risk. The website suggests wearing it until their startle is completely gone and they can roll better or as long as 9 months. The reviews seem to note most people didn't have to do any weaning, they just stopped using it one day and many says they stopped using it much earlier than 9 months. DH and I talked about maybe using it just a few nights a week to get our sleep so she doesn't become dependent on it. But we have been using the swing every night and I think the suit will be easier to stop than the swing.
    True story.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• I finally broke down and bought one on Tuesday from Amazon.  It will be here tonight so I will wash it when I get home.  I can't wait to try it!  I hope it works or at least makes things better.  We've been doing a lot of co-sleeping lately and I still haven't been getting much sleep.  She moves her arms around a lot and startles easily so she won't stay asleep in her crib for long, maybe 2 hours.  Now instead of hitting herself and waking up, she's hitting me.  I was hesitant to purchase it but I'm willing to try anything.  I told my MIL about it this morning and she told me not to order it.  She didn't realize I already had.  Oh well, I'm just hoping she will be able to move back into her crib for longer periods of time.  I don't expect her to sleep all night long.  I'll let everyone know how it goes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got ours a few days ago, I tried it out with a nap yesterday afternoon, the first time I have ever put him in the crib and he slept for 2 hours straight for his nap.  That is a really long nap for him.

I am going to try it overnight for the first time tomorrow night, I figure a weekend might be better to start the transition in case I sleep even worse with him in another room.

Fingers crossed, I NEED more than 2 hours of sleep at a time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I never reported back but we have been using it 1 week now and while things are not perfect they are far improved.   LO has been waking twice a night now around 1130 and then 400 (bedtime is 730).  One night she only woke once at 330.  Prior to the sleep suit we were waking pretty much every hour.   I am not using it for naps, only nighttime.

I had to order the size 6-9 month because everyone was out of 3-6.   The suit is just a little big on LO so she can move around a little more than I think is normal but I'm okay with that.   She'll grow into this one if need be, but hopefully she gets under her own better routine sooner and we can stop using it.

• We used ours for the first time last night. As I mentioned before we were doing a lot of co-sleeping because she would startle herself awake and only last in the crib 1-2 hours.  Last night I put her down at 9pm and slept in her crib until 2am, I nursed her, back in her crib until 5am, nursed again, and then laid in our bed while I got ready for work.  It was amazing!  I'm excited to see how she does tonight.  I didn't expect her to sleep all night but I wanted to get her back into her own crib.  It muffles her startle reflex really well.  Definitely worth the money.  I even think it may be my go-to baby shower gift.  
  • Oh and I forgot!  My MIL who told me not to purchases it, now wants me to bring it to the doctors office so he can tell other patients about it.  lol I don't think I will be doing that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"