Childless not by choice
Options

Is there anybody around anymore that is CF:NBC?

Nova726Nova726 member
edited August 2013 in Childless not by choice
I know that everybody pretty much moved over to the FB group but is there anybody around anymore?  I used to lurk on the board but didn't really post because I kept hoping that our TTC journey wasn't over.  Now that I'm ready to join in on posting everybody's gone :-(  
There's got to be another round of CF:NBCers though, no? 
Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Is there anybody around anymore that is CF:NBC?

• Options
    Nova726Nova726 member
    edited August 2013
    and just so that it's out there, my history:  married 9/07, started TTC 10/07, dx 2009 Unexplained IF, did a few clomid+metformin cycles, 4 IUIs, laproscopy, 1 unsuccessful clinical trial IVF.  

ETA:  yippee, the new bump just gave me the 7 year badge... thanks for the reminder 
    :((
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    This board is quiet since too many people liked to lurk at us and post snarky/rude comments. We had no choice but to go private.  My recommendation is to visit the website Life without Baby. There are message boards there but you have to log in to be able to post and be accepted to the group. Sorry you have made the decision to be CFNBC. It's a tough one to make or accept.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks I applied for Life Without Baby but for now I'll also try to check in here and see if picks up at all. 
  • Options
    I'm willing to work on picking it up. 

My husband and I had pretty much believed we would be in the CFNCB category well before our 3rd pregnancy / loss came up. We hadn't been using any form of birth control as it had been 6 friggin' years of NOTHING. Personally, I really went through a grieving stage at age 28 - 29. I had it in my head that surely I would be a mom by that time in my life.

Age 26 was rough because that's when my mom had me after trying for 5 years with my father. Age 28 hurt even more because that's when my mom had her full hysterectomy after a missed miscarriage and horrible endometriosis. Granted, I am not my mother and do not have her body, but for some strange reason passing those ages as a wife/non-mother just tore me a part. 

We ended up going the route of foster parenting without the goal to adopt. (people always assume foster parent's do it for adoption... ) Well, we wanted to just help children. Our first placement just moved onto her adoptive home. While it was terribly hard to pack up her and all her things after over a year of her living with us, she really meshes with this family and lifestyle so much more than with us. We are happily still in her life in more of an Uncle/Aunt role and we hope to keep it that way for as long as she allows it.

I have never heard of Life Without Baby - but I will also check it out. I went over to the "Childfree" boards but just couldn't get into the harsh anti-baby sentiment from so many posters. I tried, I posted... it's.just.so. negative (and dare I say, mean?)! 

We will now ACTIVELY TTA - something not done for years. I can't do hormonal birth controls as it makes my depression so much worse. I am still bleeding from this unexpected pregnancy and am hoping to get an appointment with the doctor soon for a diaphragm. The doctor didn't recommend an IUD due to my heavy, painful periods. While the mirena might be an option, I've read way too many horror stories online about retro-verted  / tilted uterus and IUD insertion. I also found out my friggin' cervix is tilted - so to me it sounds like an insertion nightmare.

Married to the love of my life since 2005
    TTC #1 - 
    BFP # 1: 5/2006 - m/c @ 6 weeks (natural) / EDD 1/17/2007
    BFP # 2: 7/2007 - chemical pregnancy / EDD 3/18/2008
    BFP # 3: 6/2013 - 7/9 u/s: No hb, measuring 2 weeks behind. Very high HCG#'s 7/21 u/s: No change, ruled out molar pregnancy. Completed Natural Missed M/C 7/26/2013 / EDD 2/5/2014
    TTA with Diaphragm. 
    CFNBC
    I didn't want to kiss you goodbye, that was the trouble; I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there's a lot of difference. - Ernest Hemingway 

Licensed foster family. No current placements. Open to adoption but that is not our goal and as such we don't have dual foster/adopt home study.
    2012-2013: Former Foster Mommy to 1 bubbly little 8 y.o. girl that has moved onto an amazing adoptive home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"