Detroit Babies

Royal Oak Beaumont

I will be delivering at RO in November.  I love my on practice-Somerset, and they only deliver there, so I am ok with it.  I was wondering if someone could share their experience there with me?  I know everyone has horror stories, but honestly, I am just looking to hear what the treatment was like, the rooms, the care of babies, visiting procedures, etc.. Thanks in advance!

Re: Royal Oak Beaumont

• I delivered at RO Beaumont in January and also went to Somerset.  It was absolutely wonderful.  The rooms are nice and the nurses are very attentive.  The residents check on you all the time.  Once I asked for my epidural, I received it about 5 minutes later. I had one nurse that was not very attentive and I could just push the call button and get a different nurse (I needed a bunch of ice packs). If you want more details message me and I'll send you my email address. 
  • I go to Somerset, too, and will hopefully be delivering at RO Beaumont any time now!  (I'm 38 weeks.)  My husband and I took a hospital tour about 4 weeks ago which was extremely helpful.  They show you all the rooms and walk you through everything you need to know.  The rooms are really nice.  (Ask for Room 20!  It has a giant whirlpool tub!)  The only thing that I didn't care for too much was that after you recover from giving birth, they move you and the baby from the 3rd floor to the 6th floor, but it really didn't seem like a big deal.  Somerset told me that the reason they only deliver at RO is because it is the best for baby, should any complications arise.  They said if you're at any other hospital and baby needs special care, you end up at RO anyway!

Good luck with your pregnancy!  We'll both be in good hands, I'm sure!

• Loading the player...
  • Experience was good with my first. With my second, they were super short staffed and therefore it took forever to get help from the LC, nurses, etc. BUT, that was just a few days before Christmas so hopefully the staffing issue was due to holiday and will be better for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I delivered there last July and I have one helll of a birth story that I'll spare you the details of but my baby was very close to not being born alive... Everyone there acted so, so quickly, kept me as informed as I needed to be and did what they needed to do to get my baby out as quickly and alive as possible. Very clean facility, room was great, I have one nurse that I wish I could have taken home with me... The other, I could have tossed her in the garbage.

I will forever be thankful for that group of people.

• I loved it there, I recommend the little tour they offer, it offers a bit of information. Our care was wonderful, we had a premie, and he had to go to the NICU, the nursers were all super great, and very helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I see docs at Sometset as well love Dr. Garcia! gave birth to DS March 2013 undue w 2 Oct. 2nd. I also did the tour that they offer highly recommend it! I found everyone at RO Beaumont to be very attentive respectful. I went in w a very specific birth plan only when complications arose did the staff bring up anything contrary to my wishes. Like PP said, when I did decide to get an epidural, the anesthesiologist was in my room within minutes I think they have one dedicated to LD floor. I ended up ultimately getting a c section. In recovery I found the nurses their techs to be very kind attentive very helpful w Breastfeeding support! U will be happy!
  • I also go to Somerset, all the doctors are great I used to see Dr Seltzer years ago but she is no longer with the practice, Dr Ohm delivered my first I was 8 weeks early and the NICU at Beaumont RO was amazing all the nurses were so nice and helpful she was there for 21 days..ever since I kept seeing Dr Ohm for my primary OB but of course once you are preg you see all of them bc you don't know who will be on call when you go into labor

Honestly RO was great I was impressed with them..one night a part I needed for a rental breast bump I didn't have and I was so stressed bc I barley had milk to begin with and this was the 2nd pump I tried from wright & Phillipis I went up there practically crying and praying they had this small piece that went onto the machine to the gift shop down there and where u can rent pumps and OMG the lactation girl working there was so sweet and they had the part and charged me like 6 bucks for it I was so thankful
  • Oh and while in labor I had the funniest nurse she was jamaican and I had bad back labor and I was saying how bad it hurt and she says in her jamsican accent,..I know, it hurts like hell lmao
  • Jamaican*
  • I delivered my triplets there on July 7th of this year and it was a great experience. All 3 were in the NICU and the staff is incredible!
    Lauren-Married to Andy since June 11th 2006
      Parents to:Oliver-6,Jillian Ivy-4, Ari Samuel-2 and
    Our Triplets are here! Noah ,Charlotte  and Lindsay  
    born July 7th 2013 at 33 weeks!
    Noah was diagnosed with Down Syndrome at Birth.
    Jillian was diagnosed with Diabetes in June 2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"