Single Parents

baby's father lives with parents and is jobless

my baby's father recently lost his job so he moved in with his parents. he doesnt seem to care about me or the baby at all. i am working my butt off trying to save up and give this baby a good life but he just seems like he doesn't care. he won't answer my calls or anything either. i got some really helpful advice from first tri but they said to ask here for tips about going through it alone.... how do you handle it? it seems SO overwhelming to me. :(

Re: baby's father lives with parents and is jobless

• Just take one day at a time, and focus on your LO or preparing for LO's arrival. Leave him alone to sort himself out, and he'll come around when and if he's ready to. Remember that you can't force him to be something/someone he's not, and you and LO both will be better off without the added stress of constantly worrying about what he's doing. Be prepared to go it alone, that way it's a nice surprise if he decides to step up.

ALSO, lean on family and friends for support, whether it's an ear willing to listen to rants or a shoulder to cry on when you can't take anymore or someone to help with the baby and give you a break every now and then.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    photo 9df49095-cf0f-4192-a338-7695f445291a_zps876ddeb4.jpg
  • Also, when all else fails, vent to us. At least one of us has been in your situation or a similar situation. I think all of our situations are a bit different, and none of us are going to judge you or look down on you for anything that you're dealing with right now. The ladies on this board are some of the most supportive and understanding people you will ever meet on an internet forum.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    photo 9df49095-cf0f-4192-a338-7695f445291a_zps876ddeb4.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Just take one day at a time, and focus on your LO or preparing for LO's arrival. Leave him alone to sort himself out, and he'll come around when and if he's ready to. Remember that you can't force him to be something/someone he's not, and you and LO both will be better off without the added stress of constantly worrying about what he's doing. Be prepared to go it alone, that way it's a nice surprise if he decides to step up.

ALSO, lean on family and friends for support, whether it's an ear willing to listen to rants or a shoulder to cry on when you can't take anymore or someone to help with the baby and give you a break every now and then.
    This!! I would just focus on LO and myself. He would come around if he wants to, don't stress yourself out and expect anything from him.
    Pulpit rockBabyName Ticker
  • I get through it by taking deep breaths. I agree with pp lean on friends and family. I have two girl friends and my sisters i dont think id be able to be a single parent without them.

Be prepared for bd to not come around. Ds bio dad is pretty blatant about not caring about ds. His only use for ds was to use him to try and manipulate me into a relationship
  • Have you filed for child support? Make it clear to him that this child is happening whether he "cares" or not and he is expected to financially contribute.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"