Pre-School and Daycare
Options

XP: Where do you buy shoes for your kids?

XP from school-aged

I think DD's foot is all of a sudden narrow.  I have been to 5 different stores and can't find a good, casual, shoe for the start of school.  I am thinking we need to make a trip out to Stride Rite as I usually have really good luck there. 

Where do you by shoes for your kids?
DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)

Re: XP: Where do you buy shoes for your kids?

• Options
    Stride rite, nordstrom

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stride rite, Kohls (Nike sneakers for DS!), and Olly. Zappos has kids shoes as well and could have more of a selection since you are looking for a narrow fit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For DS1 it is usually Once Upon A Child or hand me downs from his cousins. Sometimes I go to Payless.  I told him he could go to the store with me to pick out new shoes when he is due for his next pair. We will probably go to Dillards or Stride Rite.

For DS2 he wears AFOs so shopping for him is typically done at the New Balance store as those fit well for what we need.  We also shop Stride Rite for him.
  • Options
    usually Kohls or Famous Footwear (for now)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

• Options
    I think the kids shoe selection at the stores in our area stinks. I order from Zappos and Amazon a lot. They both do free returns so it's easy to send them back if they don't fit. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I went to our local Stride Rite outlet and hit their BOGO 40% off, plus ordered DD1 a pair of Saucony's from Nordstrom's big sale. 

Now they each have a pair of tennis shoes + a pair of casual mary janes (DD2 will wear a pair of DD1's outgrown sneakers that are still in good shape) for every day wear. 

I usually get winter boots and dress shoes at Target, and I've gotten a couple of pairs of fun/frivolous cheap shoes off of Zulily. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    DD wears Toms almost exclusively, so we get those from Zulily when they're half off.
  • Options
    Stride Rite, Kohls, Payless
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"