Postpartum Depression

PPD? or just the blues

I had my beautiful daughter on June 15. I am a FTM and going to be a stay at home mom:) Anyways, I went to my 6 week post partum appt. last week. I filled out the little quiz to see if you are depressed. My doctor says I was borderline. I have been anxious lately(I have always been anyways) but also I have been feeling sad about my grandmother who was recently put into a nursing home and has dementia. I have always been close to her and to see her health decline  makes me really sad...esp. now that I have a little girl who I wish she could see more. I was on bedrest for the last 2 months of my pregnancy so I feel like I have been missing out on stuff and been in my house TOO long. But I am slowly getting out and want to start running again. My doctor told me to call her if I don't get better or worse. I am really emotional to and cry at a drop of a hat....will this go away on my own or do I need some help. I feel like I would be sad anyways because of my grandmother. But could it be my hormones all over the place?

Re: PPD? or just the blues

• I was feeling really sad too for the first three weeks. I talked to my doctor and she gave me birth control. Then she said if I didn't feel better she would give me something else. I am starting tl feel better now so for me I think it was just bad blues. Give it some time you seem to be going through a lot and the issues with your family are enough to make anyone sad so just keep an eye on it and trust your insticts
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! It is also helping for me to get out with friends..even for a couple of hours. I feel like I have been isolated for so long-the bed rest and newborn-so as my baby is getting older(2 months) I feel like I can get out again:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"