Philadelphia Babies

NICUs in Philadelphia Area

I'm looking for a hospital in the Philadelphia area that has a NICU. The area that I live in has a hospital but it does not have a NICU and babies born with issues are flown to hospitals in the Allentown area or Philadelphia. I would prefer to deliver at a hospital that has one. I live near King of Prussia. Thanks for your help.

Re: NICUs in Philadelphia Area

• I just delivered on 07/28 at st Mary's in Langhorne where the pediatrician flagged something they saw on his heart. all in all, he had to be transported to st. Christopher's children's hosp in Philadelphia.  he wound up being fine and we took him home today.  I can't stress how excellent the staff and doctors were in the nicu at st Christopher's.  everyone was extremely sensitive to our situation and were more than helpful in answering questions and being very patient, treating our baby like he was the most important one.  hope this helps.
  • I think what you want is a Level III NICU, those can care for the sickest babies.  The hospitals in Philly - Jeff, Pennsy and HUP all have level 3 NICU's

I am delivering at Lankenau in Wynnewood, which also has a Level III NICU.  
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Loading the player...
  • KMB611KMB611 member
    Thank you for your help. I've heard good things about Lankenau and would rather the little one be born at a hospital that has a NICU.
  • I know Bryn Mawr and Einstein Montgomery both have NICU's-not sure what levels they are though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Abington Memorial Hospital has a Level III NICU and a very nice birthing wing of their hospital.  It's where I'll be delivering.
  • DS was sent to Bryn Mawr for seizures after delivery at Paoli. They were excellent, can't say enough about them! DS is 2 yrs now and you would never know he spent his first two weeks there. I believe they're Level III.
  • As I understand, Lankenau has a Level III NICU. 
  • Lakenau has Level III which is where Im delivering. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I live in KOP and delivered a Bryn Mawr - very close by and has level 3 NICU

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Paoli has a level II NICU and is opening their new maternity unit this fall
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"