September 2013 Moms
Options

MN Girls Come in!

With the State Fair kicking off in a few weeks, do you plan on going? I am not sure of everyones EDD so some may be a clear yes and some not so much.

If you plan on going, what are you going to do? Food? Concerts? If you have LOs already will you let them go on the rides?

I am kind of sad we wont be going this year as DD and DS would love it but its a looong drive up there and with two new LOs I just dont see it happening. We may just stick to a smaller town fair around here which I dont think I will be going to. I guess it is all going to depend on a few things!

Re: MN Girls Come in!

• Options
    My husband is from St. Paul so we have gone every year we have known each other. In fact, we met for the first time in person there (after finding each other on match. com). I am super bummed it is so close to my EDD and DH is really nervous about me walking around so we won't be going. I do hope to go to my hometown Carver county fair so I can at least get some greasy fair food and see a demolition derby. :)
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options

My finance asked me the other day if I would be willing to go if it was a nice cool day. I instantly started laughing, it was a day I was horribly swollen and uncomfortable. I don't remember a year when there was a nice cool day, It's usually just hot and humid or raining! He promised he'd rent me a rascal though, not sure if he was actually serious...

To be honest, I will probably end up going if it isn't too hot/humid and just really take it slow. My due date is September 16th so there should be time as long as everything is going well. The only thing I ever care about are rides, beer, and food so this year it will just be the food!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    RedDDDRedDDD member
    Not sure.  Depends on how I feel.  We went last year when DS was a few months old.  Just went on a wim at like 8am on Sunday and it was great.....we were outta there by 11am had our two beers and greasy food and were gone by the time the crowds were starting.  This year...not sure....DS would love it but I went 6 weeks early with him and Monday I was at Abbott being monitored for my contractions.  Im feeling super nervous about PTL so I feel like I don't want to go anywhere.  If we did go I think we would try to go at an off time so its not too crowded but we will see......the weather has been so weird this summer it might actually be nice and not hot!  Weird. 
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I had high hopes to go this year, but over the Fourth DH and I went to a small town fair and I realized all of the smells, the heat/humidity, and the people were not pregnant-me friendly. I became nauseated by the intense BO and myriad of other smells, and it was just too uncomfortable for me. I'll be 38 and 39 weeks for the state fair this year, and unless we go early in the morning and only for a short while, I don't see it happening. Judging by the way I've been "sleeping", I also don't think it'll happen. I may have to get my fair food fix elsewhere this year. It's hard to beat those shredded turkey sandwiches next to the milk stand...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I had high hopes to go this year, but over the Fourth DH and I went to a small town fair and I realized all of the smells, the heat/humidity, and the people were not pregnant-me friendly. I became nauseated by the intense BO and myriad of other smells, and it was just too uncomfortable for me. I'll be 38 and 39 weeks for the state fair this year, and unless we go early in the morning and only for a short while, I don't see it happening. Judging by the way I've been "sleeping", I also don't think it'll happen. I may have to get my fair food fix elsewhere this year. It's hard to beat those shredded turkey sandwiches next to the milk stand...
    And now I want Sweet Martha's Cookies and milk.
  • Options
    I went to a Twins game last night and had a similar experience with the smells and crowd (at elast it wasn't hot!).  Plus, the people just BOTHERED me!

My EDD is 9/4...I think I'll be skipping the fair entirely.  It just seems like too much walking to really be enjoyable.  My favorite part is the rides and since those are out, I think I'd rather just stay home and enjoy some yummy treats in my AC. 

However, depending on how I'm feeling (and assuming baby has been born), I'm hoping to go to the baby sale on the fair grounds at the end of September: https://mnstatefair.munchkinmarkets.com/FAQ.aspx
  • Options
    I am absolutely going to the state fair.  I am not due until the end of September, so I will be 36 weeks or so when it starts.  I plan on walking from stand to stand, and sitting on a bench eating my food between each one.  I usually get a little sick of the smells, but there is nothing better than a corn dog, mini donuts, and yes, sweet martha's cookies.

My husband is not a fan of going however... anyone want to meet up?? :-)
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Options
    auroraloo said:
    Confession I fully realize is flammable in this state: I hate the fair. I don't like people, dirt or greasy food. I haven't been since I was 16 and have no desire to go back.

*hides in shame*
    No shame, it's really not my favorite thing but I always end up going because I let finance/friends talk me into it. I do love the food and rides but I usually just end up drinking too much and I could just do that at home with out all the grossness that comes with all those people and the dirt, lol.
  • Options
    I'm due 9/18 and am planning to go because Hanson is playing two free concerts there! My inner 12 year old self has to go see Hanson! Plus, I've been craving these deep fried pickle slices since I had them last year!
  • Options
    NicknShan said:
    I am absolutely going to the state fair.  I am not due until the end of September, so I will be 36 weeks or so when it starts.  I plan on walking from stand to stand, and sitting on a bench eating my food between each one.  I usually get a little sick of the smells, but there is nothing better than a corn dog, mini donuts, and yes, sweet martha's cookies.

My husband is not a fan of going however... anyone want to meet up?? :-)
    You'll be at a perfect point to enjoy it! I will live vicariously through you. Feel free to stop by the turkey stand just to take it all in. Let me know how it goes. :)

• Options
    NicknShanNicknShan member
    edited July 2013
    Looks like I will need to report back with my state fair agenda :-)

Diapers&Wipes , I am serious that I would meet up with other preggos.  Creepy internet match-making at it's best.

malisaann When does Hanson play? <3 Hanson <3  You want to meet up with us too? :-)

JocelynB0911 I love these weekly MN posts!!!!!

Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited July 2013
    @JocelynB0911 I love them too!
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    NicknShan said:
    Looks like I will need to report back with my state fair agenda :-)

Diapers&Wipes , I am serious that I would meet up with other preggos.  Creepy internet match-making at it's best.

malisaann When does Hanson play? <3 Hanson <3  You want to meet up with us too? :-)

JocelynB0911 I love these weekly MN posts!!!!!

@NicknShan, I am still looking forward to the MN Zoo trip that we need to take! Sadly, I may have to miss Hanson this time around. Feel free to get a video for me. I still love me some "mmmmmbop"!
  • Options
    Okay, sorry I'm not a MN girl, but I have to jump in here- every time I scroll past the title of this post, my eyes trick me into thinking it says "Mean girls come in." And then I'm like, "There's a mean girls club on here?" I've corrected myself a few times, but I can't help thinking that! So, MN (not mean) girls, carry on!

• Options
    HBirdie said:
    Okay, sorry I'm not a MN girl, but I have to jump in here- every time I scroll past the title of this post, my eyes trick me into thinking it says "Mean girls come in." And then I'm like, "There's a mean girls club on here?" I've corrected myself a few times, but I can't help thinking that! So, MN (not mean) girls, carry on!

Hahaha, I really feel like it is any time is an excellent time to use Mean Girl gifs!

• Options
    malisaann said:
    I'm due 9/18 and am planning to go because Hanson is playing two free concerts there! My inner 12 year old self has to go see Hanson! Plus, I've been craving these deep fried pickle slices since I had them last year!
    WHAT?!?!  This is a game changer...
  • Options
    malisaann said:
    @malisaann The fact that you brought up deep fried pickles makes me instantly love you and hate you at the same time. I would kill for some deep fried pickles right now.
  • Options
    Due 9/10, but induction around 9/3. I can already barely even make it rough Walmart without a ton of pain. We always go though, and dh still wants to, bad enough that he's willing to wheel me around the fair. Lol. I don't know, depends on the weather, and maybe I'll just walk this baby out. If we do go, it would be without kids if possible.
    Mom of 5
    Boy 7-11-2007 (has Autism),
    Boy 2-26-2009 to 11-2-11 (had cancer at 4mo),
    Boy 3-28-2011 (has Autism)
    Girl 9-3-2013
    Baby due 2-22-2016
  • Options
    Hanson plays on 8/26 AND 8/27!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"