April 2014 Moms

Facebook Group

Hey ladies!!

Just found out I'm due with my 3rd child April 10th, 2014. I had some amazing success with my Dec 12 Mommies group on facebook.

Would anyone be interested in having facebook group for April 10th?
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Facebook Group

• Welcome and congrats!

I think there was a thread on this a couple of days ago.  The general consensus is to wait until we are further along and know each other better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm not trying to be snarky, but what is the point of a Facebook group when this one already exists?
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not trying to be snarky, but what is the point of a Facebook group when this one already exists?

I like having the FB group from my last BMB because its completely private so we can share pictures of our LOs and not feel invaded. We started having some really random people asking to join our FB group and finally realized how many lurkers there really are out there.

I really only use the FB group to keep in touch with the friends I have made, therefore I vote we wait until the end of our pregnancies to create one. I like TB because there are more posters so if you have a question, it gets answered by numerous responses.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DemoDoll said:
    I'm not trying to be snarky, but what is the point of a Facebook group when this one already exists?
    I like having the FB group from my last BMB because its completely private so we can share pictures of our LOs and not feel invaded. We started having some really random people asking to join our FB group and finally realized how many lurkers there really are out there. I really only use the FB group to keep in touch with the friends I have made, therefore I vote we wait until the end of our pregnancies to create one. I like TB because there are more posters so if you have a question, it gets answered by numerous responses.

This exactly! I love TB for all the info but when you get so far along you start to make great friends. Then when the babies come it's nice to share pics in a private group rather than a public forum. I love, love, love the ladies in my other BMB FB group.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I totally agree with @DemoDoll! My first BMB we did the same thing, the FB group was created when our babes were almost a year old I think. So it weeded out the weirdos.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014
  • I see on the blog => edds and teams => few  names are green..what does that mean?
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage
    Baby# 1 - gone at 6 weeks - Oct 2009
    Baby# 2 ( beloved girl Maria) -stillbirth at 31 weeks - Apr 2013
    Baby# 3 EDD April 2014 - Hope it`s our take home baby

*sorry for grammar mistakes, I learned english pretty much by myself.

• MrsRoy07MrsRoy07 member
    edited August 2013
    Marusika said:
    I see on the blog => edds and teams => few  names are green..what does that mean?
    Team green means they're not going to find out the gender of the baby. We have a blog? Link please! 
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• Yes I'd like a link to the blog too please! Thank ya
    2 kiddos and 3 precious angels 
    < Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • MarusikaMarusika member
    edited August 2013
    Oh, I understand now. And when we find the sex we are going to be blue and pink too, right?

I guess I can post it here
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage
    Baby# 1 - gone at 6 weeks - Oct 2009
    Baby# 2 ( beloved girl Maria) -stillbirth at 31 weeks - Apr 2013
    Baby# 3 EDD April 2014 - Hope it`s our take home baby

*sorry for grammar mistakes, I learned english pretty much by myself.

• Marusika said:
    Oh, I understand now. And when we find the sex we are going to be blue and pink too, right?

I guess I can post it here
    Exactly! The "team" thing is for gender reveals :) Thanks for the link!
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• We need a sticky at the top.

"Hi.  Welcome.  Here's a link to our blog.  No, we won't be creating a Facebook group right now."

Haha! yep.  Like other girls said, I'm in one from my BMB for DS but that one wasn't created until the babies were 1/2 out!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• My may2010 group is very tight! We've had a ton of regional meet ups and our fb group is crazy active every day. I consider them my best friends. :) anyway, we started that group after the babies were born.
  • My may2010 group is very tight! We've had a ton of regional meet ups and our fb group is crazy active every day. I consider them my best friends. :) anyway, we started that group after the babies were born.
    And then there are those of us who like to keep our Bump lives and Facebook lives separate. I didn't join June '12 Facebook group for that reason [in hindsight that may have been a smart idea]. With that said, @KHendy27 I had no clue we had a group from May '10. I wouldn't have been one of those invited since I just don't post much. I do remember the mass exodus to off boards when our babies were about 9 months old though.
    I wasn't on this site, I was on ivillage at the time.  :)  I just came here from IV for this baby since they redesigned their boards and they were down for 2 weeks.  When they were reopened, everyone hated the design and layout and left.  No one is there anymore.  :(  Anyway, the May 2010 is an extension of IV, not TB.  :)
  • i would not join a FB group because that feels too public to me.  i'm all for sharing myself here, but not in a first-and-last-name-know-my-hometown sort of way :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"