Blended Families
Options

KARMA!!!

Hey, how's it going?
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: KARMA!!!

• Options
    Good! How are you? How's your family?

I can't get used to this new format. I wish everyone would move over to the other site and we could create a BF over there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What is the link? I doubt I will move since I really have no reason to be here except the familiar faces though.

Everyone is good. DS is 6.5 and going into 1st and DD is 4.5. Well SD seems to be a hot mess but that is not worth rehashing. I hope everyone is good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Karma I wouldn't mind having an alternate place to go when things get hokey on this site. Let me know if you decide to create one for BF over there.
  • Options
    CurlyQ284CurlyQ284 member
    edited July 2013
    Edited due to ToU violations.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We can create it again. Or just come to ML. It's fun over there.
  • Options
    Ha! They deleted my post with the proboards link. Lol that is cray cray.
  • Options
    Ilumine? Did you delete it? ;)
  • Options
    The more I think about it, the more I think this is total crap. I just read the ToS and I did nothing to violate them. Posting a link that someone asks for is not solicitation according to the dictionary.

This is the kind of crap that made everyone leave in the first place. Patrick doesn't censor us on PROBOARDS! you can find the message boards by googling GBCN PROBOARDS or PandCE Proboards. I post on Married Life too.
  • Options

I know they are having issues over there too, but not as many as here. I like both places, but TN/TB seems super sensitive about the other place.

• Options
    CurlyQ284CurlyQ284 member
    edited August 2013
    They do have glitchy issues but they get fixed quicker. There is a mobile app and no censoring.

I get that they are touchy but its their own fault that happened. No one to blame but themselves. But hey! Let's keep doing the same exact thing even though it chased away a huge amount of the community. Didn't work before but it'll probably work now, right?

Stupid.
  • Options

I've not posted there, but mainly lurk on the Current Events & Politics board. I've seen them reference ML a few times, but I've never gone over.

If you don't mind me asking, do you use the same SN there as here? I think I'd be more apt to post and participate if I "knew" some people. I know the PCE board seems kind of a tight knit group and I wouldn't be comfortable just jumping in there. Is ML like that too?

• Options
    Yeah I use the same screen name. I think most people do or a variation of it. Karma is karmasabitch I think. I don't think ML is necessarily like that. I started posting in the "randoms" threads to get my feet wet and get comfortable. We don't do intros over there really.

I like it, I've gone to a GTG and we have another one planned for next weekend. Its a good bunch.
  • Options

Cool Beans. I'll have to summon the intestinal fortitude and try it out.

:))
  • Options
    My moderator agreement says that I'm only supposed to delete spam, harassment, online vandalism (upping post counts), personal information, and impersonations of other members. 

That's it. They go on to be very clear that other than those specific times, we're only supposed to step in 'in extreme circumstances.' 

I don't know what's going on now. BF is very easy to moderate so I don't often go to the moderators forum. 

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I know! And jeez, for the most part I'm fine with it here and I like the BF community. I've been here since 2008! I normally don't care but this really bothers me!
  • Options
    twitchy4 said:

I know they are having issues over there too, but not as many as here. I like both places, but TN/TB seems super sensitive about the other place.

I'll address this.  

I get how annoying this is.  I get that the Knot/Nest/Bump powers that be did not go about the transition well - last year or this year - HOWEVER, at least 1/3 of that is due to the lazy behavior of the moderators, who are regular posters like you, who were relied on because that is their job (I do not care if its not a paid job, you choose to ask to be a moderator, then do the job you wanted). 

However, if you do not like the board or the job or the play group or the business, then you leave.  

Hell, you can even bitch about said message board, job, playgroup or business on your own time and on your own social media sites.  

But you do not get to go to the message board, job, playgroup or business and not only BASH them - a year fucking later - and actively solicit members/users to come to YOUR NEW message board, job, playgroup or business.  It's bad form. 

There are a handful of Members from the "other board" that actively troll the Knot, Nest, Bump for new posters to not only direct them to "the other board" but actually bash the Knot/Nest/Bump while doing so.  All of this 6-8 months after that last attempt at making the changes. 

If you do not like the Knot/Nest/Bump then just leave.  Why do you come back here?  And why do you need to move people from here to there?  
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    As for moderating/deleting posts about the other board.  We moderators are told to delete spam.  Spam is considered the promotion of another company's/person's website or blog or BOARD.  

Again, what is the difference between another message board and someone's blog?  Both are promoting one's self. 
  • Options
    edited August 2013

reply from Illumine in after mine posted.

• Options
    Understood.
  • Options
    I didn't bash the site. Little Jen paged karma and asked for the link. I didn't bash the boards. I didn't troll for anyone. Maybe you should actually read what I read before censoring me.

Also, now that I'm familiar with the ToS, profane language is against the ToS so I suggest you censor FUCKING out of your post which is ACTUALLY a ToS violation, not a made up one.

The truth is that I didn't break any rules. You are using your position of "power" to censor me because of your own personal hangup.
  • Options
    And again since you aren't reading my posts and just censoring all over the place. I didn't leave. I use both because I was part of two boards, one caught on over there and the other stayed here. I DIDNT have a problem with anything here until you decided to censor me for some person vendetta of yours.
  • Options
    twitchy4 said:

Illumine so what you are saying is that the TOS for The Bump/Knot/Nest need to be updated to reflect no trolling for new members then?

I understand your frustration as well, but deleting posts that aren't in violation is kind of bad form as well.

I am not trying to be pissy, I really am not.  Again, I think that how everything went down last year was atrocious AND I absolutely understand why people left.  Hell, I go to other boards and did so before and after that debacle.  

But I also have a job as a moderator, with rules listed out.  And to me, I cannot see the difference between posting about your blog and posting about your message board?  

You are promoting another entity that supports yourself.  Be it to get traffic to buy something or, in the case of blogs, to read what you have posted and/or interact with you.  

Look, I was editing commentary about other boards before "the other board" was created, (MSN's message board, which i was an active member, before it was closed down, Babycenter's message boards, yahoo's message boards, etc).  And back then, when I did it (be it on the Bump or the Nest) no one got upset with me.  

But once there was this migration of regulars, who are now invested in this new board, it is somehow "bad form" for doing something I have been doing since 2004. 

Honestly, this is NOT me against "the other board", but me doing the job I asked to do.  

• Options
    I post to both. People are very high on their horse it seems.

Where were the Mods when my personal info was being posted here and nobody was around to delete that?

The other site allows us to be adults. This is all BS.

• Options

DUDE we can say the F word here now?!!?!?!? without a V and an actual U?

Just being funny...seems this thread is getting tense.

• Options
    Karma, your personal info was posted on the blended families board??
    my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

DUDE we can say the F word here now?!!?!?!? without a V and an actual U?

Just being funny...seems this thread is getting tense.

Lol comedic relief FTW!
  • Options
    A Bump board but not this one. Over here I'm just usually called names just not my actual name. >:)
  • Options
    Ilumine said:
    twitchy4 said:

I'll address this.  

I get how annoying this is.  I get that the Knot/Nest/Bump powers that be did not go about the transition well - last year or this year - HOWEVER, at least 1/3 of that is due to the lazy behavior of the moderators, who are regular posters like you, who were relied on because that is their job (I do not care if its not a paid job, you choose to ask to be a moderator, then do the job you wanted). 

However, if you do not like the board or the job or the play group or the business, then you leave.  

Hell, you can even bitch about said message board, job, playgroup or business on your own time and on your own social media sites.  

But you do not get to go to the message board, job, playgroup or business and not only BASH them - a year fucking later - and actively solicit members/users to come to YOUR NEW message board, job, playgroup or business.  It's bad form. 

There are a handful of Members from the "other board" that actively troll the Knot, Nest, Bump for new posters to not only direct them to "the other board" but actually bash the Knot/Nest/Bump while doing so.  All of this 6-8 months after that last attempt at making the changes. 

If you do not like the Knot/Nest/Bump then just leave.  Why do you come back here?  And why do you need to move people from here to there?  
    Why not? If their product is good, it will withstand scrutiny.  If not, people will leave.  If people are really happy "here," they will stay. 
    Seriously, people. If your faith in humanity is destroyed because your parents told you there was a Santa Claus and as it turns out there is no Santa Claus, you are an ignorant, hypersensitive cry baby with absolutely zero perspective. - UnderwaterRhymes
  • Options
    Ilumine, your answer is BS.  So, all the ads on this board for TK/TN/TB are absolutely awesome, but any link to another board is SPAM?  Eff ewe sea kay that noise.

Seriously, people. If your faith in humanity is destroyed because your parents told you there was a Santa Claus and as it turns out there is no Santa Claus, you are an ignorant, hypersensitive cry baby with absolutely zero perspective. - UnderwaterRhymes
  • Options
    I'm thinking of buying a goldfish and naming it Proboards.
  • Options
    DH and I talked about this at lunch, and I've been thinking about it. He pointed out that as a free website, a portion of TK/TN/TB's revenue is drawn from advertisements. It's pretty typical that they might want to prevent poster's being drawn to another forum. 

@sprky79 are you questioning the way TK advertises for TN or TB? Or the third party ads?

my read shelf:
  • Options
    Ginlyn0Ginlyn0 member
    edited August 2013
    I just wanted to say that I frequent other boards here on TB and TN and one in particular, frequently has links posted to other boards (not on TB, TN, TK) and they are not removed. In fact, a mod also posts the link to another board every so often. There has never been an issue. So I think it's very dependent on which mod sees it IMO. The boards are linked in a helpful manner or when someone asks. It's done in the same manner some would link an article. In cases like that I don't think it's advertising. Are article posts against TOS as well? If you take the stance that you links to outside websites are not allowed, shouldn't that include any links to articles? I suppose we should never link to anything yet TB provides us with a hyperlink tool....
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options
    LOL looks like a large number of knotties jumped ship yesterday and today.

https://forums.theknot.com/discussion/989105/i-m-being-banned

This is circulating on [board who must not be named].
  • Options
    There was a farmer who had a dog and **** was his name-o.

Then the farmer in question lived happily ever after with his new dog.
  • Options
    This is a very bizarre thread. That said will there be a vacation destination establish on that farm with the dog karma mentioned? I for one would appreciate it as ML scares me ;) and I am generally annoyed by the shenanigans around, well, the annoying place.
  • Options
    I will look into having a vacation destination added tomorrow! It really isn't scary anymore at the main house though, so you might want to consider giving it a try!
  • Options

You can all come to the farm now.

• Options
    Google "Proboards GBCN blended families" to find it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"