High-Risk Pregnancy

Short cervix

I am 23 weeks (3rd pregnancy) with a  CL of 1.5 as of one week ago. Since my 1st son was being born at 26 weeks gestation (he was just fine) my doc put me on 17P shots at 16 weeks. Now i am sad bc my 2nd child was full term with No problems but...not the case. I went to my 19 week check up and found out my cervix were opening CL was 1.0 so i was sent straight to hospital for a cerclage. I went home on bedrest. One week later my CL was 2.3, but.....a week after that it went bk down to 1.8 week after that, 1.5 soooo im getting shorter even with bedrest and 200 mg progesterone suppositories. Doc says i prob would have delivered by now without meds and cerclage soooo i go to the doc again this week and keeping my faith in God. Reading ever1's post makes me feel better. Keeps my spirits up while on bedrest. Best wishes to ever1. God is good keep faith

Re: Short cervix

• Congrats!!!!!!!!! and Thank you. 
  • I just had my cerclage placed last Tuesday so I can't really offer much assurance as to how it's helped my situation, but the success rate is pretty good.
    I've also found a lot of help and support on this board.

T&P to you and yours!
  • Loading the player...
  • It was to late for me to have an emergency cerclage put in. Remain positive. You can handle this!!! Goodluck to you and your LO!
  • Thank you. Same to you. I lasted 5 more weeks since the cerclage so i feel so blessed for my baby's 2nd chance

• My first son was born at 25 weeks and I had an emergency cerclage with my current pregnancy just before 23 weeks. My cervix measured 7mm. I'm now almost 33 weeks with bed rest. Hang in there! I know how scary it is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Inn2Inn2 member
    My cerclage was put in at 20 weeks and I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow. You are not alone and this is a great place for support. T&P to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry your going through this.

One thing my dr told me is a cervix can one day be 2.0cm then drop to 1.2cm then go back up to 1.8cm..

We have sooo many success stories with emergency cerclage. I am currently 24wks I had a cerclage put in at 14wk but only because I loss my son at 21wks last August. So this time around preventive, bedrest and 17p shots were needed. I know how scary it can be but just stay strong and stick to drs orders of bedrest.

Best wishes
  • Thanks so much .... so nice to know im not alone. Reading these stories help 
  • lijahlijah member
    edited August 2013
    I had a cerclage put in at 20 weeks-such a shock bc I had two normal pregnancies before. I'm praying that everything goes smoothly for the rest of the pregnancy. I'm on bedrest which sucks!
  • Lijah how long have u been on bedrest? Ive been on bedrest for about 5 weeks now... i got my cerclage at 19 weeks and now im 24 weeks. I thank god for it bc my baby has a much greater chance now.  I will keep u n my thoughts. Ask every1 for alot of pillows and find a good tv show..
  • I am going to the doc today....im sooooo worried...wondering what my CL is going to be today...sigh....i will let yal know what they say
  • I had it put in at 20 weeks and I'm almost 23 weeks now-I know what you mean about being nervous to measure your cervix! I go Tuesday and I'm freaking out about it!
  • That's such good news that means bedrest is working for you.. Keep up the good work, your doing great..
  • That's great to hear! I hope mine is stable next week too!
  • Thank u .....and yes im sure if u do strict bedrest u will b fine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"