February 2013 Moms
Options

Grrrrr DH vent

I had DS out all afternoon at the mall, running errands, etc.  He dozed while we were out but didn't sleep for more than 20 minutes.  Anyways, I got home and DH informed me that he wanted to go and work in the yard.  Great.  So I'm exhausted, DS is cranky, and you want to go outside.  Why the heck didn't you go in the four hours I was out???

So overtired DS finally dozed off in his bouncy chair when DH starts up a loud power tool outside the open window.  ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!  Of course DS woke up.  I've just moved him into his crib at the front of the house and he's moaning and fussing.  Thanks for nothing, DH.  End vent.

Re: Grrrrr DH vent

• Options
    My husband was doing that too. He'd get home from work and I would be looking forward to a break, even just to shower without having to worry about a crying baby, and he'd say he had to go do stuff outside.
    I didn't want to be a naggy wife so I let him. He would do his thing outside, then would come in and say he needed to shower and then would take the baby for a while. Well by then she was ready for bed! I couldn't take it anymore and put a stop to it and he's been much more understanding when he gets home.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    And just to make you all feel better about your men.... My wife required the same conversation. There is something just incredibly different about not being the one who gave birth and in my case, because I am breastfeeding, the one responsible for the feeding. I think I am responsible for loading myself up with the pressure most of the time, but its there and they just don't feel it the wy we do. But I have never been given the side eye for breaking down into a weepy mess. She understands hormones. Haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My hubby and I had to have a convo about this too. It helps if I text him before he leaves for work and let him know that I need him to take the baby when he gets home. He knows not to make other plans. Or on the weekend I let him know that he needs to take him at some point so I can do Anything else lol He has gotten a lot better and now when he sees me going crazy he tells me to plan something with my friends and get out lol communicate communicate communicate! It will save you some headaches
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"