Health & Exercise

weight gain at 24 weeks

Hey girls! So i went to the doctor today. I don't want to know the number of my weight but he said I have gained 10 pounds so far. Is that too much? I am 24 weeks tomorrow. I run every morning. I am trying not to freak out. I have had an eating disorder in the past and this is really hard. I still have 16 weeks to go :/

Re: weight gain at 24 weeks

• I know it isn't easy to watch your body change, but it's really important that you focus on what the weight gain is for: the health of your growing baby. Unless your doctor is concerned, you have no reason to worry about your weight gain. Many women ask not to know unless there is a problem. It sounds like this might be a good route for you to take. As long as you're making healthful food choices, staying active, and listening to your body, you are right on track. Try to refocus on what the weight gain is all about. Best of luck in your pregnancy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 10 lbs is not alot to gain by 24 weeks, in fact it is probably too little. dont focus on the weight and focus on providing the right nutrition for your baby. 
    Cloth diapering, VBAC, BF & FF, AP momma to two 2 and under. Special needs - DS born with clubfoot and diastrophic dysplasia (dwarfism)
  • Loading the player...
  • This is your opportunity to get MENTALLY healthy.  Put the bad thoughts behind you and stick to it.  Be STRONG! You have so much more at risk here than just your body.  Your life is nothing but CHOICES and you are at a VITAL crossroads right now -- continue with an eating disorder mentality or put your happiness and your LO first and be free? Don't fuck it up.

• If your doc wasn't concerned, I wouldn't be either  :-*
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If this is going to be an issue for you, tell your doctor not to tell you. Seriously. And no, 10 pounds is not too much.

I think you'll be much better off not knowing, though, due to your past issues. The weight can come on really fast at the end, too, and much of it is water that falls off in the first few weeks after baby, so try not to stress.

I gained 30 with my first and probably close to 45 with my second (I stopped weighing myself after I ht 43) and I'm now 6 months out from baby 2 and almost back to my fighting weight. (It would have come off faster but I like cookies) so I promise, you can lose it later. With DD1 it came off by 4 months.
  • If this is going to be an issue for you, tell your doctor not to tell you. Seriously. And no, 10 pounds is not too much.

I think you'll be much better off not knowing, though, due to your past issues. The weight can come on really fast at the end, too, and much of it is water that falls off in the first few weeks after baby, so try not to stress.

I gained 30 with my first and probably close to 45 with my second (I stopped weighing myself after I ht 43) and I'm now 6 months out from baby 2 and almost back to my fighting weight. (It would have come off faster but I like cookies) so I promise, you can lose it later. With DD1 it came off by 4 months.
    "I'm now 6 months out from baby 2 and almost back to my fighting weight. (It would have come off faster but I like cookies)" This made me laugh out loud at work. Funny stuff.

I'm reading posts about weight because I was concerned too when I first got pregnant. I too had an eating disorder a LONG time ago but they have a way of creeping back on ya especially when your body is about to go through a major physical change. I have moments when I ask my husband "Do I look SUPER huge?!" (I'm 39 weeks pregnant now) and he just laughs and says "Baby, you're pregnant". This is my first pregnancy and I've learned to embrace the # on the scale and keep in mind that I'm nurturing our baby boy which is THE MOST important thing. I can tackle the little bit of extra weight I gained during pregnancy when baby is healthy and has made his debut. All things in time!

Mrs. Lotz
  • 10 lbs is nothing.  I think I gained that in 6 weeks LOL.  I understand not wanting to know.  That last month or 2 of pregnancy I wouldn't even look at the scale at the doc's office.  The last time I did I spent the whole appt crying my eyes out. The doctor asked me if i needed to see a therapist.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"