March 2014 Moms

Cravings

So as the nausea is starting to subside I'm starting to have some cravings. The other day it was chicken fajitas, yesterday it was s'mores and today it is an Italian hoagie. I know we're not supposed to eat lunch meat when pregnant b/c of the risk of listeria, but that is asll I can think about.

I'm convinced cravings are a misnomer. It's actually that you feel so crappy for so long during the first trimester that when food actually starts to appeal again, you want what you want and nothing else will do. It's about finding something that IS appealing, not necessarily just crazy random cravings (if that makes any sense).

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Cravings

• Lunch meat in moderation is okay!! Also, if its heated up its perfectly fine. I'm a firm believer of eating whatever sounds good!
  • I got cravings even before I was pregnant... so if they kick in again, I don't think I'll be able to say their pregnancy cravings... more just typical me behavior lol. 

I think my cravings are more likely a response to the one thing I can tolerate eating at the moment.  I'm one of those people who cannot eat the same thing too often, I'll get soooo sick of it.  DH on the other hand can eat the same exact thing for breakfast for years and he'll never get sick of it.  I'm slightly jealous. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Moo72 said:

So as the nausea is starting to subside I'm starting to have some cravings. The other day it was chicken fajitas, yesterday it was s'mores and today it is an Italian hoagie. I know we're not supposed to eat lunch meat when pregnant b/c of the risk of listeria, but that is asll I can think about.

I'm convinced cravings are a misnomer. It's actually that you feel so crappy for so long during the first trimester that when food actually starts to appeal again, you want what you want and nothing else will do. It's about finding something that IS appealing, not necessarily just crazy random cravings (if that makes any sense).

I can't wait for cravings to come back! Right now I want nothing!! Last week all I thought about were those cheese Dunkers with marinara sauce I had in school but the idea of actually eating it made me a little sick! I think the idea of craving something and that there was no possible way I could get one of those made it possible! I cannot wait to crave!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"