March 2014 Moms

The smells

Today has been my worst smell day so far - I swear I can smell the ink from the pen I am using.  At the moment I have taken my laptop into the conference room with the door closed so that anyone bringing lunch into the office won't put me over the edge.  I'm a little over 8 weeks - does this ever subside?

Thanks ladies and happy (smelly) Monday!

Pregnancy Tickerimage

Re: The smells

• Ugh I think mine went away at 10 weeks. I am sitting here with toilet paper shoved in my nostrils, I can smell the candles I threw in the laundry room a few days ago, gag.

• everything food related smells awful to me today. The hungrier I get, the more nausea I get. Wonderful little cycle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Anything cooking almost sends me over the edge. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Today at lunch my co-worker's lunch smelled awful, just thinking about it again makes me nauseous. All it was was cheese on a tortilla with some rice and beans.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Ugh - I  feel myself turning green just thinking about the smells.  With DS1, it got MUCH better at the end of the 1st tri.  I'm hoping for the same this time around too.
    When it's really getting rough, remember that odds of miscarriage are decreased w/ morning sickness - so everytime I'm vomiting, I try to be grateful that (hopefully) I'm growing a healthy little baby.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've been telling myself that - but oh my god this pen! :)
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • So many women in my office smoke. One came in the breakroom and I literally dry heaved today. Stale smoke is horrid.
                                           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tacos put me over the edge and if I even SEE lettuce or think about it (so now) I feel sick!!!! I can't stand it!!!!!! I have no idea why!! Also I can smell everything all of a sudden too, I could smell stuff before but I can smell EVeRYThING! Which made throwing up in the toilet even better! Ick!! I can't wait to be past this and ready to eat for two!!!
  • Smells haven't bothered me too much this time around until today. We had hamburgers for lunch yesterday. Pulled a cold one out of the fridge to microwave today and immediately threw up. I hate this part of pregnancy!
  • Shobb - lettuce and spinach are doing the same thing to me right now - and before 2 weeks ago I had eaten a salad for lunch every day for like a decade.  Glad I'm not the only one!
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • I had to clean up the dog poop in our yard today and I'm really surprised I didn't puke from the smell of stale crap.
  • stufie said:

I had to clean up the dog poop in our yard today and I'm really surprised I didn't puke from the smell of stale crap.

This is me every day changing my son's diapers! He had a lovely poopy one today that required me to take him straight to the tub. Of course he peed on me en route and I just about lost my stomach!
  • The grocery store on base sells sushi right by the front door. It never bothered me before, but I could smell it all over the store last week. I begged DH to do the grocery shopping this weekend because I don't think my stomach can handle it.
    Induction of mo/di twin boys scheduled for 2/24! Pregnancy Ticker}
  • I cant stand the smell of the pantry!!! EWWWWWW and it sucks because I have no choice but to go in there for stuff and then I lose my appetite.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"