April 2014 Moms

My lines aren't getting darker. Feeling pessimistic.

Here is a pic of my wondfo tests from the last 3 days (11, 12, & 13dpo), all taken with fmu. I'm starting to get worried that they're not getting any darker. I used a FRER on Sat and again today, and they look the same as well. My temp has also been dropping...not below coverline, but still. 

I was planning on calling my ob/gyn today to make an appt. I guess I still will, but I'm afraid I'm going to end up having to cancel. 

Can anyone give me any insight into this? This is my very first BFP, so I really have no idea what to expect. It just seems like a bad sign to me. Please send positive juju's my way.

Re: My lines aren't getting darker. Feeling pessimistic.

• tabaskoatabaskoa member
    edited August 2013
    I think those look like they are getting a little darker! Also, I've heard that wondo's don't really show a good progression and sometimes will stay the same for a long time. Maybe try another FRER tomorrow? I really feel like the FRER shows better.

FWIW, this is my progression and it's just like yours (11dpo, 12dpo, 13dpo):

ETA: dpo
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014
  • I don't have much experience with this, but I do think that the Wondfos are not as sensitive as the FRER and therefore may take a little longer to get dark. I googled some images and some of them didn't have really dark lines until like 20 DPO. I got my BFP yesterday on a Wondfo and it wasn't that dark. It wasn't super faint but definitely not dark. I didn't use FMU either. I ran out and grabbed a FRER and it was instantly +, not as dark as the control but dark enough to not question it at all. I woke up this morning and decided to take another Wondfo w FMU. I ended up taking 2 and they were about the same darkness as yesterday. I was expecting darker but there weren't. I did notice that one of the Wondfo's dye was not as dark as the other's based on the difference in color of the control. I don't know about tempting but wanted to share this with you about my thoughts on the Wondfos.
  • Loading the player...
  • Those look like they're getting darker to me! 

Also, I used Wondfo's for the first time, and they definitely take longer to get dark. I took one on a Wed, another on a Friday, and while there was a slight increase, it wasn't much. Try waiting a week and then trying again. I did that with a Wondfo last week and it was immediately positive and a LOT darker. @courtneysanderson is absolutely on track. Don't worry about it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

TTC since July 2011

BFP # 1: m/c at 7wks (EDD May 2012) 

BFP #2: c/p in Nov. 2012 

BFP #3: July 24th, 2013 (EDD April 4th, 2014)

*PgAL / PAL Always Welcome*

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

• I still like to think a line is a line! And they look like they are getting a little darker to me...Dont stress! :)
  • This happened to me with my first. My temp would fluctuate and I was crazy POAS and some would be lighter than others. I got so freaked out! The best advice someone gave me? Stop temping and peeing on sticks, it's quite possible to freak yourself out for nothing. I always say that if you're worried, it never hurts to call your Dr. though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, ladies! That was good to hear. @tabaskoa, that's so cool that our testing days were the same! :)

Here's a pic of my to FRER's, taken at 11dpo and 13dpo (older one is on top). They look about the same to me; what do you think?

• Thanks, ladies! That was good to hear. @tabaskoa, that's so cool that our testing days were the same! :)

Here's a pic of my to FRER's, taken at 11dpo and 13dpo (older one is on top). They look about the same to me; what do you think?

Bottom one is darker! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

TTC since July 2011

BFP # 1: m/c at 7wks (EDD May 2012) 

BFP #2: c/p in Nov. 2012 

BFP #3: July 24th, 2013 (EDD April 4th, 2014)

*PgAL / PAL Always Welcome*

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks for all the great advice ladies! I'm feeling much better now! I think maybe I need to cool it with the temping and POAS for a while, ha ha!

Also, it's weird...I can see the slight progression on the pics but not so much IRL. Ha, next thing you know, I'm going to be peeing on everything and then immediately taking photos of it to assess!
  • Bottom was is darker friend! Relax!!! :)
  • Great advice to stop peeing on everything! :) 
  • Ha ha! I'm sorry for my mini freak-out! I honestly didn't see that today's were darker until I took the pics.

Now I'm going to take some deep breaths and call my doc to schedule my first appt. Yay! 

Thanks, again, for putting my mind at ease! :)
  • The bottom is definitely darker!

I know it's hard but stop temping!!!! I went through the exact same thing w/ my first (and sticky!) BFP and my OB finally told to have my husband hide my thermometer. You don't need the stress!
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014

Bottom one is darker! 
    I agree!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014
  • Ha ha! I'm sorry for my mini freak-out! I honestly didn't see that today's were darker until I took the pics.

Now I'm going to take some deep breaths and call my doc to schedule my first appt. Yay! 

Thanks, again, for putting my mind at ease! :)
    Mini freak-out is TOTALLY understandable...this is all VERY nerve-racking! 
  • I see they are getting a little bit darker. Better make a Beta HCG bloodwork. 
    I paniked my last pregnancy, I had a lighter line in 15 DPO than 13!  Same test brand. But I drank a little bit of water  before I made the test in 15 DPO. So I waited a couple of hours after I got the faint line, without drinking..and the line got much darker. So that can matter too.
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage
    Baby# 1 - gone at 6 weeks - Oct 2009
    Baby# 2 ( beloved girl Maria) -stillbirth at 31 weeks - Apr 2013
    Baby# 3 EDD April 2014 - Hope it`s our take home baby

*sorry for grammar mistakes, I learned english pretty much by myself.

• Elizabeth - those lines are getting darker :)  If you want, test again around 18DPO and see if there's a difference - but wait a couple days at least.  I think you are good though! 

• The last one looks noticeable darker. Mine didn't start getting distinctively darker until 16 DPO.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Getting darker!

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm feeling the same way you are! My Wondfo's were barely getting darker the last couple days. I'm 16 DPO today and tested with a FRER and got a MUCH darker line! Yours look like they're getting darker too. Congrats and good luck!
  • I used Wondfo's too.  They didn't get much darker at that stage for me.  I agree that the FRER was much better. 
    I actually tested yesterday again (tee hee) and the line wasn't that much darker again, but it appeared almost instantly, so I took that as a good sign.  

imageBabyFruit Tickerimage
    DD due April 2, 2014
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    DS born April 9, 2011

• Those are getting darker! Plus you're soo early still, try not to stress :) 
    2 kiddos and 3 precious angels 
    < Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"