June 2012 Moms
Options

NBR Nervous breakdown

Gismo123Gismo123 member
edited August 2013 in June 2012 Moms
I just had a major nervous breakdown and I don't know what to do.  My mom and her bf just visited us for 2 weeks in July, they left a week ago, and her bf drove me insane.  They drove me insane but I kept my posture and got through it.  Now my cousin is visiting for 2 weeks, why did I ever agree to a back to back visiting I will never know, but she is a cousin that has a big attitude.  I usually just ignore it and laugh it off but today I just snapped.  My son has been battling 2 infections, a staph infecting and strep, so I have been on edge with constant Pedi appt's and being up all hours of the night consoling DS.

Today my cousin got pissed off because her dad called at 10:30am(7:30am where she is from) and I guess that is too early for her.  It's not like she wasn't awake, she was so what the hell is her problem.  She sat there in the guest room yelling at her dad for calling so early and cussing, which pissed me off because she was yelling so loud my son heard it all through the door.  So now she's in a pissed off mood over something idiotic and I feel like I have to walk on egg shells.  I ask her about a glass of water sitting on the table and she jumps down my throat about it, I mean shit I want to know if it's hers and if not I was going to wash the stupid glass! She's just being a complete b*tch the whole time. 

So at 11ish we head out the door to go see my DH's dad, who is moving back to Peru in a week so ya another stress on DH and I, and I go to put all the baby stuff we need in the car, the Pedi ok'd DS's travel.  I make a couple trips to make sure everything is we need is in the car, my cousin is sitting on the couch listening to music on her IPOD.  DH asks my cousin if she still wanted to go see a Candy factory while we were down visiting his dad and she says some smart ass remark and cusses.  So my DH asks her not to cuss in front of our son and she gets a major attitude with him.  He just ignores it and moves on.  My husband then goes outside to put something in the trunk but I knew he would be back in the house because the laptop he bought his dad was sitting by the door.  I knew he would lock up the house so I decided to go start the car up, I look to the side and still see my cousin sitting on the couch so I open up the door and shut it behind me to keep the bugs out, we live in FL so it's humid and lots of bugs. 

I start the car up and my husband gets done strapping my son in then starts to head to the house to grab the laptop and tell my cousin we are ready to go.  She swings open the door starts cussing saying I slammed the door on her face yada yada yada.  1- I looked to see if she was coming and she was still sitting on the couch, she could have easily said HOLD THE DOOR for me.  I can't read minds and I don't have eyes in the back of my head. She goes on about how if we don't want her to go she is totally fine with that and how she doesn't need to go....she's basically just causing a stupid scene in front on my neighbors.  This is when I just snapped.  I shut the car doors so DS couldn't hear me and I just start letting her have it.  I start saying f this I can't take this anymore I am NOT going if this is how she is going to act!  I ran into the house and just started crying and hypervenilating.  DH ran in after me and tried to calm me down but even as I type this I am crying.  She is here until the 13th and if this is how she is going to act FORGET IT I am packing up my son and driving to my brother's house in Texas. I will NOT stand for being disrepected in my own house and I'm sorry her pettiy fing problems are NOTHING compared to what my son is going through so she needs to STFU about being called so "early" seriously ughhh.

So now my son and I are at home while my DH drives my insane cousin to visit his dad and I feel bad because this was one of the last times DH's dad would see our son for a long time. Wow I really needed to vent and if you made it this far bravo to you.  >:(

Re: NBR Nervous breakdown

• Options
    Wow, hugs to you! Hopefully things will be cooled off by the time they all get home. And I think you have every right to respectfully tell your cousin her trip needs to be cut short. If you want to be nice about it, help pay for her return trip or whatever, but there's no reason to put up with someone who will not respect you and your household.

• Options
    Hugs. You are human, family can be a pain at times. I hope she can hold herself and behave at your house. If not, she can go to a hotel.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I understand your pain. My grandmother has visited us a few times. She's a nasty old lady, who has nothing nice to say ever. She's talking about coming down again, and of course, I can't find it in myself to say no. Take a deep breath and get yourself a cocktail!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Meery82Meery82 member
    edited August 2013
    Wow, that really sucks. I'm sorry you have to deal with all that. How old is this cousin? I would kick that disrespectful little bitch OUT. Not kidding. I would pack her bags myself and boot her back to where she came from. How dare she act like that as a guest in your home?! Ugh
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

What a sucky situation! I'm sorry you are going through this. I don't see why you should be the one to pack up and go stay somewhere else. She should have to pack up and find new accommodation. It's your house, you and your family should not be disrespected like that. Good luck!

I agree this. She should leave, not you!

I'm sorry you're dealing with this on top of your DS being sick. Hugs to you and I hope your DS feels better soon.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Gismo123Gismo123 member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks girls for the support. DH talked to my cousin and laid down the ground rules. She still has a bad attitude but hopefully she understands she can't pull that crap here anymore.
  • Options
    i would give her 1 warning but then kick her out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"